Waking Up Late Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Exams, projects, studying… It’s a wonder that we even get up for class in the morning! We all have those mornings where we can’t seem to get out of bed. Before you know it, you have 20 minutes until class starts. Don’t worry! You don’t have to rock that “just rolled out of bed” look.

Start with the basics: Wash your face and brush your teeth. This may seem obvious, but when you are rushing to get ready this could slip your mind.

Now you have a choice. You can either not do your make-up and focus on your hair, focus on your makeup and not do your hair, or do minimal of both. If you choose to sacrifice your hair or makeup, then do your normal routine for whichever one you chose to focus on. You may have to condense the routine a little bit due to time constraints.

Options for quick hairstyles are the classic ponytail, a side fishtail braid or a sock bun. The fishtail braid and sock bun do take some practice, but once you master it these hairstyles don’t take long at all. For a fishtail braid, split your hair into two sections and grab a piece from one half and take it over to the other side. Continue until all of your hair is in the braid. For the sock bun, you will need an old sock or a hair doughnut. Put your hair in a high ponytail, and I mean high! It may feel weird, but when it is in the bun it will look good. If you have a sock, cut the toes off and then wrap your hair from the top of the ponytail down to the hair tie at the top of your head.  Secure with another hair tie and bobby pins. If you have a hair doughnut, pull your hair through the whole and spread the hair around it. Take a hair tie and put it around the doughnut so your hair covers it. Wrap the extra hair around the hair tie and secure it with bobby pins. To add something a little extra, put a bow underneath the bun.

Since your going to class you don’t need to wear a lot of makeup. Instead of wearing foundation, opt for a BB Cream. It gives you a natural looking coverage and is lighter on your skin. You can add blush to give your cheeks some color, if you want. Otherwise, all you need is some mascara and you are good to go!

Just because you hit the snooze button one time too many times doesn’t mean you can’t still look cute for class! Using these tips will leave your classmates clueless as to how sleep-deprived you really are.