Riff Raff Gets Rowdy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Horst Christian Simco, better known by his stage name Riff Raff performed to a packed, sweaty, and rowdy crowd this past weekend at the Wayside. The rapper performed at the club this past Thursday, April 9 for a hyped up crowd.

Riff Raff originally hails from the Houston Texas area. When the artist had originally started out he had been signed to Soulja Boy’s label S.O.D. Money Inc. but has since recently signed to Diplo’s new label Mad Decent. Besides his solo act Riff Raff also performs with a rap trio known as Three Loco.

This group consists of  Andy Milonakis and Dirt Nasty. His first big album release was named the Neon Icon, and was released under Mad Decent on June 24, 2014. Riff Raff like many modern artists in his generation was able to get word out about his work thanks to social media.

In order to get word out about his work and create networking connections Riff Raff used Youtube, Myspace and WorldStarHipHop. Through these mediums he was able to showcase new songs he had written, videos he produced to a much larger audience.

Riff Raff despite using these methods at first was still finding it difficult to get an audience for his work.  In an attempt to gain an even larger audience the rapper tried out for multiple reality TV shows and contests. His first attempt was at a tryout for P. Diddy’s Making the Band but to no avail. He however finally broke onto television on the MTV reality show from G’s to Gents.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=981817118495378&l=7252318443397987313

He, however, was eliminated from the show after the second episode but was able to make an impact on viewers with his unique style of dressing and mannerisms. He currently is on a nation wide tour that makes stops in many major cities from coast to coast. In case you missed Jody High Roller playing such hit songs as Tip Toe Wing in my Jordinnzz and Aquaberry Dolphin catch him on tour this summer.

Want to know more about Jody High Roller AKA Riff Raff?

http://www.jodyhighroller.com/

I am an Online Journalism student at Central Michigan University. I have written for Central Michigan Life our Schools Newspaper and have currently been writing for Her Campus. If you would like more information on my work feel free to contact me at dleskphan@gmail.com Thank you.