Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

C Mich News

An Artist’s Perspective on the Modern Music Industry

By Austin Dlesk
May 8, 2014 - 8:00am

The art of musical entertainment is deeply rooted into all aspects of our culture and is an ever evolving industry. Within the last 20 years alone the music industry due to advancing technology has reached new heights that most artists 50 years ago could have ever dreamed of. READ MORE

Professionalism in the Classroom

By Austin Dlesk
April 22, 2014 - 8:00am

The expected norm when signing up for a college course is that you’re Professor has their doctorate, and many years of knowledgeable field work. A student should be able to rely consistently on the ability of a professor to show up to class, present the needed information, and instruction that is needed in order to succeed. However how is the student affected when a professor isn’t able to hold up to these expectations? READ MORE

Top 10 Miley Concert Moments

By Lucy Ciaramitaro
April 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

Here are some of the most memorable Miley moments you may have missed out on if you weren't able to make it to her concert last Saturday in Auburn Hills, Michigan.  1. She rode a hotdog. This pretty much explains itself. 2. She threw the crowd Miley money And yes, that's her face you see on every (fake) dollar.  READ MORE

10 Ways to Know It's Time to Let Him Go

By Halle Sobczak
April 10, 2014 - 2:00pm

Our society has an unhealthy obsession with the idea of a perfect relationship. Day after day, we see posts of girls fawning over their significant others on social media in hopes of getting another like or the 18th comment in a row that says something to the effect of  “Oh my gosh, you guys are so cute!” READ MORE

The 5 Friends You Meet in College

By Mel Petersen
April 2, 2014 - 8:05am

Senior year of high school, you couldn’t wait to go to college to make cool, sophisticated college friends, and leave all of the drama and cliques behind. Then, it was freshman year of college, your roommate turned out to be a psycho, and the only person who made an effort to get to know you was the RA. Suddenly, you find yourself sitting alone in Math 101, and everyone else seems as if they know each other. Wait, how did this happen? I forgot how to make friends. READ MORE

The 8 Truths Behind Why Girls Love Shapchat

By Megan Kelly
March 31, 2014 - 12:00pm

Even though it seems like a new social media app is released once a week, it seems like many of these crazes end just as fast as they are created.  There’s something about Snapchat, though, that’s really stuck with our generation, especially with us girls.  Here are the 8 truths behind why us girls love Snapchat. 1. Snapchat allows us to send horrible drunken selfies that we never have to lay eyes on again… unless our friends have mastered the art of the screenshot. READ MORE

Who Really Killed Kurt Cobain?

By Austin Dlesk
March 28, 2014 - 10:00am

This past month, February 20th, marked what would have been the 47th birthday of the late rock star Kurt Cobain. You may know him as the lead singer of the popular grunge band Nirvana from back in the 90’s. It has now been almost two decades since the passing of this once legendary rock superstar, yet even today, there still remains questions and a fog of doubt over the case of his death. Kurt Cobain was married to rock goddess, Courtney Love, who was the frontwoman for a band named Hole. The couple had a baby girl together named Frances Bean. Kurt Cobain had a quick rise to fame when Nirvana, which was a part of the underground, punk, grunge scene of the 90’s in Seattle, became the opening act for the Red Hot Chili Peppers....

Put a Little "Spring" in Your Step

By Halle Sobczak
March 27, 2014 - 12:00pm

After facing months upon months of one of the coldest winters in a while, any fleeting signs of spring seem like a blessing. The brief hints begin to spark excitement, such as seeing above freezing temperatures in the forecast, the sun peeking out from behind the clouds for longer than in days past, or catching a glimpse of the grass sticking out through the snow on your walk to class. The thought of springtime brings with it the motivation of a fresh, clean start. As cliché as it is, spring means out with the old and in with the new. Here are three simple ways to add a little “spring” to your step to get you even more ready for the upcoming spring season! 1.     Spring Clean your Closet! READ MORE...

The Second Semester Homestretch Inspired by James Franco

By Maggie MacKenzie
March 19, 2014 - 1:25pm

After Spring Break, the school year is winding down with no other breaks or long weekends to give us a little breather. These last few months can feel like forever, especially when summer is on your mind. Fortunately, instead of your parents or professors reminding you to stay focused, James Franco gives us tips on how to hang on and finish strong in the last semester of the school year.   Coming back from Spring Break is a sad time for many after being in tropical destinations and enjoying beach parties. Returning to this cold, snowy reality is tough but is something that we all must deal with. Make sure to relax and know that getting back in the groove will get easier. READ MORE...

How to Lose a Guy Before Spring Break

By Mel Petersen
March 6, 2014 - 12:00pm

We’ve all seen the movie, “How to Lose a Guys in 10 Days,” and if you haven’t, it’s pretty much self-explanatory. Although this movie presents a “what not to do” perspective, it has a few decent pointers on trying to break it off with a certain someone, without hurting any feelings. Let’s be real though, no break-up situation goes with out feeling some type of way, but at least you could say you tried some preventative tactics.   READ MORE