mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

One day in February, I woke up and realized I hated 80% of the clothes in my closet and my music app needed a makeover…so did my face. It’s pretty much impossible to make significant lifestyle changes when you’re in the middle of the semester and running around to keep your GPA from tanking. Luckily, in one short week, summer will be here and I can work on my “glow up.” Here’s a few things I plan to do that might be an inspiration to you!

Health & Fitness

I stay pretty active, and I find time to workout at least three times a week. I don’t eat horribly, but the thing I crave is consistency. I’m so ready to be a meal-prepping, cardio-craving 20-something with a tiny bit of body fat and a whole lot of muscle. My body has always been something I’m insecure about. I have the motivation to make awesome changes, but I’m a queen of routine and here at school my routine is always out of whack. I’m so excited to work toward my goal body and maintain a level of health and fitness I never have before. If I can maintain healthy habits all summer long, it’ll make it so much easier to maintain them when I get back to school. Not to mention, I’ll finally be free of the cafeteria next year and be able to frequent the produce section at Meijer.

Wardrobe

Minimalism is all the rage these days, but that’s always been something I’ve had difficulty with when it comes to my wardrobe. When I get home this summer, I’m going to be ruthless. Absolutely anything and everything that doesn’t make me feel awesome is in the donation bag. Going forward, I want to fill my closet with clothes I think accentuate exactly who I am and align with my values. Discovering the magic of the thrift store is what I’m all about now. Recycling clothes is eco-friendly and 100 percent cost effective!

Skincare

After this school year, my eye bags are at an all-time dark and it’s time to do something about it. I’ve always been pretty insecure with my skin, so I’m excited to take the time this summer to figure out what products work for me. I might even throw a self-tanner into the routine to give my glow up a little extra glow!

•music theatre & public relations• •pianist• •cmu 2020•