Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

C Mich Celebrities

Campus Celebrity: David Busonick

By Tessa Feeley
April 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

On and Off the Rink, Tile Rink that is Fearless is an understatement Could you imagine going pro in a sport at just 18-years-old that only involved wearing a helmet, shin guards, elbow pads and roller skates, without the breaks? Dave Busonick, 22 of Clinton Township did. He played Roller Hockey competitively at Motor City Phoenix for one year. READ MORE

Administrator Spotlight: Dr. L’Hommedieu

By Austin Dlesk
March 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

A position of leadership, holding the power to make decisions is not a duty to be taken lightly. It is a commitment to go above and beyond the call of duty, and create positive results that benefit the students and facility. This is the duty that befalls people who hold administrative power within an educational institution. I had the opportunity to interview an administrator, who is in charge of the prestigious music program, here at Central Michigan University. Dr. Randi L’Hommedieu has been an administrator here at CMU for about 15 years now. READ MORE

CMU Student Finds Success Early On

By Natalie Town
February 25, 2014 - 8:34am

Mount Pleasant has been a place for music and celebrity culture throughout the recent years. During the school year of 2011-2012, the Wayside Central of Mount Pleasant opened their doors for Jersey Shore star Deena Nicole. In the same year, CMU hosted Dayglow twice (known as Life in Color) and sold out both shows. Then in the fall of 2012, Krewella performed a live show at Wayside, weeks before their hit single, "Alive" was played on every radio station around the country. The most recent event was this past winter 2014, when the Wayside sold out for SoMo, an up and coming R&B artist, whose album will drop this April. READ MORE

Growing Together: Tree Love Art Collective

By Kasey Streets
February 18, 2014 - 8:49am

Gordie Morton, Russell Tandy, and Jared Gussin are three gentlemen who find that art and music together really hit home. It is a part of who they are and everything they love. This group envisions a world where everyone should do what they love, and turn it into something awesome. The seeds of this vision have been rooted in them for years. Royal Oak native, Gordie Morton, is a graphic design major who is inspired to help other people after his own life experiences. Russell Tandy is a broadcasting major from Traverse City, who is passionate about producing electronic music after seeing top music producers in concert. Then there's Jared Gussin, who completes the trio, and majors in business and entrepreneurship, while minoring in outdoor and environmental...

Behind the Turntables: DJ AJT

By Katie Frankhart
January 28, 2014 - 8:07am

I had never seen anything like it before; 50 drunken college kids in one room, all under control and in sync with each other. Usually I hate all places that are crowded and unbearably hot, but this time I didn’t mind it. Something about it was so amazing to me, the way everyone moved together to the buzzing of the speakers. The bass of the music shook the walls, as everyone within them shook the ground to match the beat. The drunken bodies moved in sync as the music droned out the noise of the outside world. It controlled them in the most transcendent way possible, moving them like stupidly happy puppets. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Anthony Rizzo

By Caroline Powers
October 22, 2013 - 8:58am

Not every student on campus can say they have been featured on the radio, let alone have their own radio show. Central Michigan University Junior, Anthony Rizzo, is not only featured on 91.5 Moore Rock, but you also hear him on WCMU Radio. READ MORE

Twinning on Ice

By Tessa Feeley
October 10, 2013 - 9:00am

Sophomores, Tyler and Zach Carr are excited to finally play their first college game after an incident that suspended the team for a year. The two twins joined the men’s Division 111 Club Hockey Team at Central Michigan University as freshmen. Tyler and Zach are mirror twins who grew up playing hockey. They are both are lifelong Detroit Red Wings fans and have been playing since they were 4 years old. The two did not start competing until fifth grade. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Jason Gagnon

By Annie MacKenzie
April 13, 2013 - 9:00am

For the CMU students in the Apparel Merchandising and Design majors the name, Jason Gagnon is one most if not all are familiar with.  He has made quite a name for himself throughout his college career at Central and plans on continuing his awe-inspiring work at this year’s Threads Fashion Show.  Jason has become quite the pro the past 3 years as a designer and producer for the Threads Fashion Show held on CMU’s campus.  Being that this is his 4th and last year performing in Threads, Jason plans on going out with a bang.  There are no chances he isn’t willing to take and hopes to impress the judges as much as he did in years past. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Lexi Sheehan

By Marena Milazzo
April 12, 2013 - 9:00am

Lexi Sheehan is a designer in the 2013 Threads Fashion Show.  She is currently a sophomore, majoring in Fashion Design and Merchandising.  She is from Almont, Michigan.  Lexi is also involved with the Fashion Association of Merchandising and Design RSO on campus.   READ MORE

Campus Celebrity; Chloe Scudder

By Allison Pavloff
April 10, 2013 - 9:27am

Name, Major, Job/Internship, hobbies: Designer: Chloe Scudder - Majoring in Apparel Design and Merchandising with a minor in Art - First job in New York City starting in June - Assistant Designer for Aerie  - Hobbies consist of Sketching, sewing, painting, music, traveling, friends What are you involved in on campus? FAMD (4yrs) Threads (2) Work as a Lab Assistant Why do you like to participate in this show? READ MORE