This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Name: Colin VanderWeele

Age: 21

Hometown: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Major: Public Relations

Minor: Communication

Campus involvement: Central Michigan University Division III Hockey Team (Assistant Captain)

Relationship status: Single

Blondes or brunettes?

Brunettes have always been a favorite of mine, but I don’t mind a cute blonde girl, just don’t be ditsy. 

What is your ideal date?

Dinner and a movie are fun, but it just doesn’t cut it for me. I want to do something exciting and adventurous. Take me to a Red Wings game and I will love you forever. But my ideal date would be to go on an adventure; not knowing where the day/night will take us. Wander into the middle of nowhere or into the middle of somewhere, as long as there are plenty of laughs and good conversation life is good.

Ideal future relationship:

My ideal future relationship starts off with the woman of my dreams in my arms, a chill and relaxed lifestyle where there is never a dull moment with my significant other. Keeping it fun, exciting, and spontaneous.

Favorite artist?

I really enjoy GRIZ, the funky electronic jazz music he produces is something that I will enjoy listening to forever. Paper Diamond and Zeds Dead are also on my top list of music DJs. I also love country music and always have been a big fan, with Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, and some Florida Georgia Line is always nice in the summer time.

What’s the cutest thing a girl could do for you?

The cutest thing a girl could do for me would be to take my likes and interests into consideration and do something that they wouldn’t normally do. Or just smile and hug me that’s usually pretty cute, too.

Three most important things in your life:

Family My family has always been the biggest part of my life. They have always had my back through the thick and the thin, and the good and the bad. Love them.

Friends – My friends are a very important part of my life because without them I wouldn’t be where I am today, just like family they have my back, but a friendship is different than a family relationship because some thing’s you can’t share with your family, you can share with your closest friends and not be judged or looked at differently.

Happiness I love to make people happy, make them smile and be the best person I can. Living in the moment and being honest with yourself and others can help achieve true happiness

Where do you see yourself in five years?

I see myself living in my own home somewhere with a good job/career. Whatever it may be, I plan to be somewhat successful at a young age while maintaining a healthy relationship with the people I love and surround myself with. Oh and have a dog of course.

Who is your celeb crush?

Jennifer Aniston is a babe, I would wife her up in a heartbeat.

Are you a butt or boob guy?

I like the booty.

Describe what you would wear on a typical day?

On a typical day, I will throw on some jeans, a simple shirt, and a flannel. I enjoy my solid earthy colors but would like to think I have a good sense of style. Depending on the weather I wouldn’t mind wearing shorts every day.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

I think that living on a private island out in the ocean somewhere would be perfect.

If you were stranded on an island what three things would you bring?

I would bring a knife, something for shelter, and a lady friend.

What is your dream job?

My dream job would be to play hockey for the Detroit Red Wings, that has been a dream of mine ever since I was a little kid, as unrealistic as it is at this point in my lifetime, if I ever got the chance to show myself and improve my skills as a hockey player at that high of a level I would drop everything and do it.

What is your definition of a one-night stand?

Usually starts out with a little bit of boozing, going out to a party, bar, nightclub, etc.  Finding a girl, taking her home, and not remembering her name in the morning.

Tell us a story about your most embarrassing moment with a girl.

It’s not really embarrassing, but I had a crush on this girl, and needless to say she walked in front of a snowball that was not intended for her or her face. She hasn’t spoken to me since

What would it take for a girl to get a callback?

She has to be funny, as into me as I am to her, not crazy, but willing to talk and hang out casually with no strings attached, there is no need to rush anything have fun while you can.

What are 3 big NO-NO’s that girls do that drive you crazy?

Being an attention whore, always needing the spotlight on her

Being a hypocrite when it comes to talking about the opposite sex

Everyone knows a crazy girl, just chill and go with the flow

What type of girls interest you?

I like a good hearted girl who is both physically, and mentally attractive. She has got to have a sense of humor and be a little weird in her own way because I’ve got a weird side too. She has got to be honest. I like a dirty minded girl/ kinky but not all the time. Random occurrences are the best. If a girls friends like me it will make the situation that much better, so your friends and my friends can be friends.

If you could do anything you wanted, how would you propose to your lucky bride-to-be?

Proposing right before a skydive would be a proposal that no girl would ever forget

What would you call the relationship between you and a girl before you’re officially dating?

I would consider us talking; we have been seeing each other for a while and things could potentially get serious. If there is no official title then do what you want with whoever you want, but if you like the girl enough you will commit yourself to her and she should know that and do the same if she feels the same.

How long does it usually take for you to want to date a girl?

I don’t tend to rush into relationships, if you feel the need to rush into a relationship it almost seems like you don’t trust the other and being a BF and GF would give you that sense of security. But I can’t put a time limit on that if its right, then it’s right and I will know it.

What puts a girl in the friend-zone?

If they are a good friend of mine and always have been a good friend of mine, the spit has ever been swapped between the two of you, just hugs and good times.

Do you consider yourself a momma’s boy or a dad’s buddy?

I would consider myself both, there are certain things that I do with my mom that I cant do with my dad and vise versa. I love my parents equally and that will never change

What do you consider cheating?

I consider cheating being in a relationship with someone and betraying that relationship by sleepingwith/hooking up/ making out with another person. Talking to someone else while in a relationship is shady and looked down on, but as long as nothing happens out of it I wouldn’t consider it cheating.

Why do you think people cheat?

People cheat because they want something that the person they are with is not giving them.

There are many reasons, but if someone if not faithful in a relationship they do not deserve to be in one.

Are you a cat or dog guy?

I have had a dog for 17 years, dog guy

Boxers or briefs?

Briefs all day every day

Favorite movie?

Happy Gilmore

What is your favorite television series to binge watch?

The only show I have really binge watched was Breaking Bad, Walter White is a bad-ass.

Natalie is a Senior at Central Michigan University. She is working toward a Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis on Broadcast and Cinematic Arts. Natalie has been a CMich Contributor since October of 2013 and represents our chapter as our Social and Events Coordinator. Natalie has a deep passion for pop culture and entertainment and she is looking forward to a career in entertainment television or news as a Multimedia Journalist and/or Producer. Until then, she will continue to be a part of our chapter, to participate in News Central 34 and E Central, remain an active member of NBS, and continue to make strides towards making her dreams come true.