Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

C Mich Blog

7 Flashbacks to make you laugh during Final Exam Week

By Charnae Sanders
May 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

Feeling stressed due to the amount of studying you have to do for finals? Take a 10-minute break and relax by taking a trip down memory lane with these funny childhood clips from the late 90s and early 2000s. After revisiting something from the past, sometimes you find yourself in shock of how easy you can remember the lyrics to a song you haven’t heard in years.  Other times, you can’t help but scratch your head and try to figure out what made this thing so successful in the first place?   1. Disney Channel Circle of Stars READ MORE

Recipes we love: Cinco de Mayo enchiladas

By Emma Jo Williams
May 7, 2014 - 12:00pm

Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner! What better way to ring in the festivities other than a delicious, authentic Mexican dish? Enchiladas are perfect for the occasion.   Here’s a quick and easy recipe for chicken and beef enchiladas, packed full of flavor!   What you’ll need:   3 chicken breasts ½ lb of ground beef 1 package of tortilla shells (8 shells) 1 red onion 1 green pepper 1 jalapeno 1 can refried beans 1 can of whole green chilies 1 can of tomato sauce 2 cans of enchilada sauce 2 packages of cheese (cheddar and a Mexican blend is recommended) dash of chili powder dash of garlic powder salt and pepper for season   READ MORE

11 Things You Should NEVER Apologize to HIM For

By Lucy Ciaramitaro
April 30, 2014 - 8:30am

Being “too sensitive” If you actually think you’re going to find a girl who doesn’t have a sensitive bone in her body, you’re in for a rude awakening. Wake up! Sensitivity is NOT a bad thing and girls have absolutely NO reason to apologize for it.   READ MORE

8 Things Every Big Sister Will Understand

By Megan Kelly
April 29, 2014 - 8:46am

Ok, so my sister and I have an extremely close relationship.  I understand that many sisters are not as close as us, but I have witnessed a lot of sister relationships in my day and I am happy to say that many seem as lucky as my sister and I.  Being close to your sister is truly something special.  It’s an unbreakable, unconditional bond that a best friend is hard to live up to.  A sister relationship can be challenging as well, from the big sister and little sister perspective.     I am a big sister, and here are a few things that I think every other big sister out there can relate to.   When your little sister borrows your favorite shirt without asking, World War III breaks out. READ MORE...

Yoga and Meditation: The Key to a Calm and Stress Free Life

By Anna Harden
April 11, 2014 - 10:47am

The end of the semester is coming to a close and due dates for group projects, assignments and exams are getting closer and closer. This time of year is the most stressful because it’s finally nice out and school is the hardest thing to focus on. Sometimes you need to take a little time to focus on yourself. Yoga and meditation are great ways to relax and escape from the stressors of everyday life. I’m going to show you how to practice some of my favorite yoga poses. I’ll also give you tips on meditation. READ MORE

4 Reasons Why Summer Classes are the Way to Go

By Charnae Sanders
April 11, 2014 - 8:46am

The quizzes may not end in May for students who plan on taking courses over the summer, but there is an upseide to taking summer classes.  1. The season makes a difference READ MORE

Recipes We Love: Gumpkies

By Emma Jo Williams
April 8, 2014 - 2:00pm

Grandmas' favorite polish dish: Gumpkies! Or as many know, stuffed cabbage. What you’ll need:   2lbs ground round beef 2 cups cooked brown rice 1 head of cabbage ½ cup chopped yellow/white onion 1 extra large can of Prego (any flavor you wish) Salt, pepper or additional seasoning. 4 or 5 quart crock pot Lets start cookin!   1-    Let your head of cabbage soak in warm water for about 30mins before you start. The water loosens up the leaves making them easy to separate.   READ MORE

The Big, the Bold, and the Bushy

By Anastasha Franco
April 3, 2014 - 2:00pm

Eyebrows come in all shapes, sizes, and color,s so why do girls downplay the importance of them? Personally, I feel that a woman should spend more time shaping, grooming, and maintaining those wild beasts. Think of maintaining eyebrows as a necessary beauty practice, just as shaving your armpits. So, how do you get those iconic arches without overdoing it? Here are a few of my eyebrow tips to help you get those perfect brows. Things you will need:
-       Spooly brush (or old and cleaned mascara wand)
-       Manicure scissors
-       Tweezers
-       Brow shadow READ MORE

DIY Face Masks

By Mackenzie Hicks
April 3, 2014 - 8:36am

Using a face mask has become a ritual for all of us girls. Being in college, we don’t always have the funds to order our favorite Clinique mask from the nearest Nordstrom, so what’s more convenient than mixing together a few ingredients you probably have laying around your apartment to make a DIY face mask? There are a few different options, depending on what sort of results you’re looking for.   To clarify skin: Mix together 1 teaspoon of raw honey, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and ½ teaspoon of nutmeg. This mask is super good for clearing any blemishes your skin may have, and if used regularly, it can prevent future breakouts. Keep this on for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.   READ MORE

Super Senior Status Got You Down?

By Charnae Sanders
April 1, 2014 - 2:00pm

Let’s face it, the college dream of graduating in four years is possible, but some students will need extra time until they’re able to walk across the stage. Though the 4-year plan is one of the cheapest routes, nothing is wrong with taking the time you need in order to secure a future you desire, whether it's an extra semester, a year, or a couple years. Here’s eight reasons to let you know there’s nothing wrong with being a fifth or sixth year senior! 1. Freshmen year is more of an experimental year READ MORE