Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

C Mich Blog

Yoga and Meditation: The Key to a Calm and Stress Free Life

By Anna Harden
April 11, 2014 - 10:47am

The end of the semester is coming to a close and due dates for group projects, assignments and exams are getting closer and closer. This time of year is the most stressful because it’s finally nice out and school is the hardest thing to focus on. Sometimes you need to take a little time to focus on yourself. Yoga and meditation are great ways to relax and escape from the stressors of everyday life. I’m going to show you how to practice some of my favorite yoga poses. I’ll also give you tips on meditation. READ MORE

4 Reasons Why Summer Classes are the Way to Go

By Charnae Sanders
April 11, 2014 - 8:46am

The quizzes may not end in May for students who plan on taking courses over the summer, but there is an upseide to taking summer classes.  1. The season makes a difference READ MORE

Recipes We Love: Gumpkies

By Emma Jo Williams
April 8, 2014 - 2:00pm

Grandmas' favorite polish dish: Gumpkies! Or as many know, stuffed cabbage. What you’ll need:   2lbs ground round beef 2 cups cooked brown rice 1 head of cabbage ½ cup chopped yellow/white onion 1 extra large can of Prego (any flavor you wish) Salt, pepper or additional seasoning. 4 or 5 quart crock pot Lets start cookin!   1-    Let your head of cabbage soak in warm water for about 30mins before you start. The water loosens up the leaves making them easy to separate.   READ MORE

The Big, the Bold, and the Bushy

By Anastasha Franco
April 3, 2014 - 2:00pm

Eyebrows come in all shapes, sizes, and color,s so why do girls downplay the importance of them? Personally, I feel that a woman should spend more time shaping, grooming, and maintaining those wild beasts. Think of maintaining eyebrows as a necessary beauty practice, just as shaving your armpits. So, how do you get those iconic arches without overdoing it? Here are a few of my eyebrow tips to help you get those perfect brows. Things you will need:
-       Spooly brush (or old and cleaned mascara wand)
-       Manicure scissors
-       Tweezers
-       Brow shadow READ MORE

DIY Face Masks

By Mackenzie Hicks
April 3, 2014 - 8:36am

Using a face mask has become a ritual for all of us girls. Being in college, we don’t always have the funds to order our favorite Clinique mask from the nearest Nordstrom, so what’s more convenient than mixing together a few ingredients you probably have laying around your apartment to make a DIY face mask? There are a few different options, depending on what sort of results you’re looking for.   To clarify skin: Mix together 1 teaspoon of raw honey, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and ½ teaspoon of nutmeg. This mask is super good for clearing any blemishes your skin may have, and if used regularly, it can prevent future breakouts. Keep this on for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.   READ MORE

Super Senior Status Got You Down?

By Charnae Sanders
April 1, 2014 - 2:00pm

Let’s face it, the college dream of graduating in four years is possible, but some students will need extra time until they’re able to walk across the stage. Though the 4-year plan is one of the cheapest routes, nothing is wrong with taking the time you need in order to secure a future you desire, whether it's an extra semester, a year, or a couple years. Here’s eight reasons to let you know there’s nothing wrong with being a fifth or sixth year senior! 1. Freshmen year is more of an experimental year READ MORE

Mountain Town: Mount Pleasant's Hidden Treasure

By Anna Harden
April 1, 2014 - 1:00pm

READ MORE

10 Reasons Why We Are Over This Polar Vortex

By Megan Kelly
March 25, 2014 - 1:45pm

I think this weather has taken its toll on just about everyone.  This has got to be one of the worst winters we have experienced in our young lives.  This never-ending negative degree weather is truly affecting our moods and motivation.   This winter has been so bitter than when temperatures miraculously reach 30 degrees; half of CMU’s campus is outside running in shorts.  This winter just needs to be over. Here are 10 reasons why we can’t wait for this unbearable winter to be over.  READ MORE

Life Advice Inspired by Buddhism

By Kasey Streets
March 25, 2014 - 12:00pm

When thinking of Buddhism, most imagine a large, Asian man determined to find inner peace. Although that idea isn’t completely off track, Buddhism exemplifies a way of living that is beneficial for both one’s personal and social life, whether you consider yourself a Buddhist or not.  READ MORE

HC Survival Kits: The Low-Down on What's Inside

By Katie Frankhart
March 21, 2014 - 8:00am

Among many others, receiving packages filled with free samples of amazing products is a definite perk of being part of the HC team! A few weeks ago, the ladies from HC nationals hooked us up with some pretty sweet Spring Break Survival Kits. I'm unpacking mine and giving you guys a peak at the great things some wonderful companies sent us. Let's take a look- neuro SLEEP  READ MORE