Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

C Mich Blog

Turn on Your Brain and Turn Off the Tanning Bed

By Beth Belecki
October 17, 2014 - 8:25am

It’s that time of year again. Summer is over, shorts are replaced with leggings, and the switch over to winter complexion cosmetics ensues. It’s also a time where girls unfortunately start to buy tanning packages to keep up their summer glow. I’m here to tell you why tanning beds are so last century and to share with you great healthy alternatives that I’ve found. But we’ll get to that later.  READ MORE

5 Trends to Try This Fall

By Maggie MacKenzie
October 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

1. Animal Print If you started to think that animal print was on its way out, you might want to think again. Animal print, especially leopard, has made appearances on multiple runways and proved that it’s back and better than ever. Jackets, sweaters and scarves are just a few ways that leopard has been shown and makes it a very wearable trend. If you can predict your fall wardrobe being full of cozy sweaters, why not add animal print to a few? 2. Oversized Coats READ MORE

Her Campus’ How-To Study And Pass Guide

By Charnae Sanders
September 26, 2014 - 8:18am

How many times have you studied for an exam and still ended up failing? It happens, and the problem wasn’t that your professor surprised you with new material, or you procrastinated trying to cram everything in last minute. The problem is that you weren’t studying correctly. Studying for a quiz and studying to pass a quiz are two totally different methods. Follow the tips below to not only feel prepared for your next exam, but to ace that exam and class. Answers Are Within Your Notes READ MORE

10 Ways to Deal with Annoying Social Media Habits

By Lucy Ciaramitaro
September 25, 2014 - 12:02pm

Need some help not pulling your hair out at those every-day social media annoyances? Take a deep breath and check out some of these proactive ways to let go of what might be driving you crazy every day on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. 1. Taking selfies READ MORE

7 Flashbacks to make you laugh during Final Exam Week

By Charnae Sanders
May 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

Feeling stressed due to the amount of studying you have to do for finals? Take a 10-minute break and relax by taking a trip down memory lane with these funny childhood clips from the late 90s and early 2000s. After revisiting something from the past, sometimes you find yourself in shock of how easy you can remember the lyrics to a song you haven’t heard in years.  Other times, you can’t help but scratch your head and try to figure out what made this thing so successful in the first place?   1. Disney Channel Circle of Stars READ MORE

Recipes we love: Cinco de Mayo enchiladas

By Emma Jo Williams
May 7, 2014 - 12:00pm

Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner! What better way to ring in the festivities other than a delicious, authentic Mexican dish? Enchiladas are perfect for the occasion.   Here’s a quick and easy recipe for chicken and beef enchiladas, packed full of flavor!   What you’ll need:   3 chicken breasts ½ lb of ground beef 1 package of tortilla shells (8 shells) 1 red onion 1 green pepper 1 jalapeno 1 can refried beans 1 can of whole green chilies 1 can of tomato sauce 2 cans of enchilada sauce 2 packages of cheese (cheddar and a Mexican blend is recommended) dash of chili powder dash of garlic powder salt and pepper for season   READ MORE

11 Things You Should NEVER Apologize to HIM For

By Lucy Ciaramitaro
April 30, 2014 - 8:30am

Being “too sensitive” If you actually think you’re going to find a girl who doesn’t have a sensitive bone in her body, you’re in for a rude awakening. Wake up! Sensitivity is NOT a bad thing and girls have absolutely NO reason to apologize for it.   READ MORE

8 Things Every Big Sister Will Understand

By Megan Kelly
April 29, 2014 - 8:46am

Ok, so my sister and I have an extremely close relationship.  I understand that many sisters are not as close as us, but I have witnessed a lot of sister relationships in my day and I am happy to say that many seem as lucky as my sister and I.  Being close to your sister is truly something special.  It’s an unbreakable, unconditional bond that a best friend is hard to live up to.  A sister relationship can be challenging as well, from the big sister and little sister perspective.     I am a big sister, and here are a few things that I think every other big sister out there can relate to.   When your little sister borrows your favorite shirt without asking, World War III breaks out. READ MORE...

Yoga and Meditation: The Key to a Calm and Stress Free Life

By Anna Harden
April 11, 2014 - 10:47am

The end of the semester is coming to a close and due dates for group projects, assignments and exams are getting closer and closer. This time of year is the most stressful because it’s finally nice out and school is the hardest thing to focus on. Sometimes you need to take a little time to focus on yourself. Yoga and meditation are great ways to relax and escape from the stressors of everyday life. I’m going to show you how to practice some of my favorite yoga poses. I’ll also give you tips on meditation. READ MORE

4 Reasons Why Summer Classes are the Way to Go

By Charnae Sanders
April 11, 2014 - 8:46am

The quizzes may not end in May for students who plan on taking courses over the summer, but there is an upseide to taking summer classes.  1. The season makes a difference READ MORE