Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

C Mich Archives

Campus Style Blog Couples Edition: J.D. Sterba and Rachel Roe

By Caroline Powers
April 17, 2014 - 8:33am

Names: Rachel Roe and J.D. Sterba Ages: 20 Majors/Minors: Rachel - Math Major - Leadership Minor J.D. - Communication Major - Legal Studies Minor Fashion Inspiration: Rachel - Pinterest/ Leighton Meester J.D. - No idea. My dad? Favorite brands/stores: READ MORE

Top 10 Miley Concert Moments

By Lucy Ciaramitaro
April 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

Here are some of the most memorable Miley moments you may have missed out on if you weren't able to make it to her concert last Saturday in Auburn Hills, Michigan.  1. She rode a hotdog. This pretty much explains itself. 2. She threw the crowd Miley money And yes, that's her face you see on every (fake) dollar.  READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Josh Roth

By Caroline Powers
April 16, 2014 - 8:29am

Name: Josh Roth Hometown: Royal Oak, Michigan Age:19 Major: Logistics and Marketing Relationship Status: Single What’s the cutest thing a girl could do for you? I’m not too picky. I’m a fan of surprises. Tell us a story about your most embarrassing moment with a girl. I peed in a girl’s bed once. That was an awkward morning. What would it take for a girl to get a callback? READ MORE

Yoga and Meditation: The Key to a Calm and Stress Free Life

By Anna Harden
April 11, 2014 - 10:47am

The end of the semester is coming to a close and due dates for group projects, assignments and exams are getting closer and closer. This time of year is the most stressful because it’s finally nice out and school is the hardest thing to focus on. Sometimes you need to take a little time to focus on yourself. Yoga and meditation are great ways to relax and escape from the stressors of everyday life. I’m going to show you how to practice some of my favorite yoga poses. I’ll also give you tips on meditation. READ MORE

4 Reasons Why Summer Classes are the Way to Go

By Charnae Sanders
April 11, 2014 - 8:46am

The quizzes may not end in May for students who plan on taking courses over the summer, but there is an upseide to taking summer classes.  1. The season makes a difference READ MORE

10 Ways to Know It's Time to Let Him Go

By Halle Sobczak
April 10, 2014 - 2:00pm

Our society has an unhealthy obsession with the idea of a perfect relationship. Day after day, we see posts of girls fawning over their significant others on social media in hopes of getting another like or the 18th comment in a row that says something to the effect of  “Oh my gosh, you guys are so cute!” READ MORE

Recipes We Love: Gumpkies

By Emma Jo Williams
April 8, 2014 - 2:00pm

Grandmas' favorite polish dish: Gumpkies! Or as many know, stuffed cabbage. What you’ll need:   2lbs ground round beef 2 cups cooked brown rice 1 head of cabbage ½ cup chopped yellow/white onion 1 extra large can of Prego (any flavor you wish) Salt, pepper or additional seasoning. 4 or 5 quart crock pot Lets start cookin!   1-    Let your head of cabbage soak in warm water for about 30mins before you start. The water loosens up the leaves making them easy to separate.   READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: David Busonick

By Tessa Feeley
April 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

On and Off the Rink, Tile Rink that is Fearless is an understatement Could you imagine going pro in a sport at just 18-years-old that only involved wearing a helmet, shin guards, elbow pads and roller skates, without the breaks? Dave Busonick, 22 of Clinton Township did. He played Roller Hockey competitively at Motor City Phoenix for one year. READ MORE

The Big, the Bold, and the Bushy

By Anastasha Franco
April 3, 2014 - 2:00pm

Eyebrows come in all shapes, sizes, and color,s so why do girls downplay the importance of them? Personally, I feel that a woman should spend more time shaping, grooming, and maintaining those wild beasts. Think of maintaining eyebrows as a necessary beauty practice, just as shaving your armpits. So, how do you get those iconic arches without overdoing it? Here are a few of my eyebrow tips to help you get those perfect brows. Things you will need:
-       Spooly brush (or old and cleaned mascara wand)
-       Manicure scissors
-       Tweezers
-       Brow shadow READ MORE

5 Styles for Spring

By Maggie MacKenzie
April 3, 2014 - 2:00pm

At this rate, it feels like we’ll never be able to pack away the sweaters and bring out the spring wardrobe.  In hopes that the weather finally starts going in our favor, we need to make sure we have a few of spring’s hottest looks. 1. Florals An essential element to all spring wardrobes is floral. Nothing says “Spring” better than bright colors and flowers. Floral is a great print partly because of how versatile it is. It can be dressed up or down and is appropriate for any spring occasion! Source: NastyGal 2. Pastels READ MORE