Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

C Mich Archives

7 Flashbacks to make you laugh during Final Exam Week

By Charnae Sanders
May 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

Feeling stressed due to the amount of studying you have to do for finals? Take a 10-minute break and relax by taking a trip down memory lane with these funny childhood clips from the late 90s and early 2000s. After revisiting something from the past, sometimes you find yourself in shock of how easy you can remember the lyrics to a song you haven’t heard in years.  Other times, you can’t help but scratch your head and try to figure out what made this thing so successful in the first place?   1. Disney Channel Circle of Stars READ MORE

An Artist’s Perspective on the Modern Music Industry

By Austin Dlesk
May 8, 2014 - 8:00am

The art of musical entertainment is deeply rooted into all aspects of our culture and is an ever evolving industry. Within the last 20 years alone the music industry due to advancing technology has reached new heights that most artists 50 years ago could have ever dreamed of. READ MORE

Recipes we love: Cinco de Mayo enchiladas

By Emma Jo Williams
May 7, 2014 - 12:00pm

Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner! What better way to ring in the festivities other than a delicious, authentic Mexican dish? Enchiladas are perfect for the occasion.   Here’s a quick and easy recipe for chicken and beef enchiladas, packed full of flavor!   What you’ll need:   3 chicken breasts ½ lb of ground beef 1 package of tortilla shells (8 shells) 1 red onion 1 green pepper 1 jalapeno 1 can refried beans 1 can of whole green chilies 1 can of tomato sauce 2 cans of enchilada sauce 2 packages of cheese (cheddar and a Mexican blend is recommended) dash of chili powder dash of garlic powder salt and pepper for season   READ MORE

How to Keep Your Hair and Skin Healthy This Summer

By Maggie MacKenzie
May 7, 2014 - 8:00am

As summer is right around the corner, most of us can’t want to finally get a tan after the long treacherous winter. Something that we need to make sure we keep in mind is keeping your skin and hair healthy! We love the sun, but it can do serious damage to your skin and hair if you are not careful. We put together some solutions to avoid the sun giving you anything but a beautiful summer glow! Hair: Conditioner: READ MORE

11 Things You Should NEVER Apologize to HIM For

By Lucy Ciaramitaro
April 30, 2014 - 8:30am

Being “too sensitive” If you actually think you’re going to find a girl who doesn’t have a sensitive bone in her body, you’re in for a rude awakening. Wake up! Sensitivity is NOT a bad thing and girls have absolutely NO reason to apologize for it.   READ MORE

Campus Style Blog: Makenzie Walter

By Beth Belecki
April 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

Name: Makenzie Walter Major: She's a Graduate Assistant for BCA, and she used to write for Her Campus at JMU where she did her undergrad! What She's Wearing: Nordstrom shirt, J. Crew bracelet, Urban Outfitters watch, and Same Edelman boots. READ MORE

8 Things Every Big Sister Will Understand

By Megan Kelly
April 29, 2014 - 8:46am

Ok, so my sister and I have an extremely close relationship.  I understand that many sisters are not as close as us, but I have witnessed a lot of sister relationships in my day and I am happy to say that many seem as lucky as my sister and I.  Being close to your sister is truly something special.  It’s an unbreakable, unconditional bond that a best friend is hard to live up to.  A sister relationship can be challenging as well, from the big sister and little sister perspective.     I am a big sister, and here are a few things that I think every other big sister out there can relate to.   When your little sister borrows your favorite shirt without asking, World War III breaks out. READ MORE...

Campus Cutie: Matthew Flamme

By Halle Sobczak
April 24, 2014 - 12:07pm

Name: Matthew Flamme Hometown: Ann Arbor (A2) Age: 21 Major: Logistics Management & Marketing   Relationship Status: Single What’s the cutest thing a girl could do for you? Be herself 100% of the time and always share what she's feeling with me.  What is your definition of a one-night stand? One & Done READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Kevin Latondress

By Christine Andrews
April 22, 2014 - 12:00pm

Name: Kevin Latondress Hometown: Monroe, MI Age: 20 Major: Finance Minor: Accounting Relationship Status: Taken What’s the cutest thing a girl could do for you? Buy us tickets to a Tigers game, and then at least pretend that they are really interested in baseball. What is your definition of a one-night stand? Hooking up and no contact with the girl again. READ MORE

Professionalism in the Classroom

By Austin Dlesk
April 22, 2014 - 8:00am

The expected norm when signing up for a college course is that you’re Professor has their doctorate, and many years of knowledgeable field work. A student should be able to rely consistently on the ability of a professor to show up to class, present the needed information, and instruction that is needed in order to succeed. However how is the student affected when a professor isn’t able to hold up to these expectations? READ MORE