Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

C Mich Archives

Turn on Your Brain and Turn Off the Tanning Bed

By Beth Belecki
October 17, 2014 - 8:25am

It’s that time of year again. Summer is over, shorts are replaced with leggings, and the switch over to winter complexion cosmetics ensues. It’s also a time where girls unfortunately start to buy tanning packages to keep up their summer glow. I’m here to tell you why tanning beds are so last century and to share with you great healthy alternatives that I’ve found. But we’ll get to that later.  READ MORE

5 Trends to Try This Fall

By Maggie MacKenzie
October 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

1. Animal Print If you started to think that animal print was on its way out, you might want to think again. Animal print, especially leopard, has made appearances on multiple runways and proved that it’s back and better than ever. Jackets, sweaters and scarves are just a few ways that leopard has been shown and makes it a very wearable trend. If you can predict your fall wardrobe being full of cozy sweaters, why not add animal print to a few? 2. Oversized Coats READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Nik Dal Pra

By Christine Andrews
October 8, 2014 - 11:16am

Name: Nik Dal Pra Hometown: Warren, MI Age: 22 Major: Logistics Minor: Information Systems Relationship Status: Single   What’s the cutest thing a girl could do for you? Take me out for some good BBQ place, watch a scary movie, and take a late night walk. What is your definition of a one-night stand? READ MORE

Homecoming: The Importance of Drinking Smart

By Austin Dlesk
October 8, 2014 - 9:00am

This past weekend was homecoming, which rung in another victory by the Central Michigan football team and was filled with an energized feeling of unity and pride to be a Chippewa. The night unfortunately ended on a sour note when an 18 year old man from Dearborn Heights went missing. Michael Anthony Harnett was found dead in the pond outside of the Park Library around 7 p.m. on Sunday. Hartnett who was in insulin-dependent diabetic had last been seen walking on Washington Street near St. Mary’s Church around 2 a.m. before he went missing. READ MORE

Fire up your Career

By Halle Sobczak
October 7, 2014 - 8:00am

Fall just officially began. Summer just officially ended. While it seems as if warm weather is light-years away, before we know it it’ll be time to pack up our bags for for the year, say good-bye to our friends and head back home. Although we all wish that we could spend summers basking in the sun, summertime in college is a crucial time to get real life experience through internships and co-ops. Most large companies hire their interns between October and November, meaning that this next couples of months is crucial. READ MORE

Her Campus’ How-To Study And Pass Guide

By Charnae Sanders
September 26, 2014 - 8:18am

How many times have you studied for an exam and still ended up failing? It happens, and the problem wasn’t that your professor surprised you with new material, or you procrastinated trying to cram everything in last minute. The problem is that you weren’t studying correctly. Studying for a quiz and studying to pass a quiz are two totally different methods. Follow the tips below to not only feel prepared for your next exam, but to ace that exam and class. Answers Are Within Your Notes READ MORE

The ISIS Crisis

By Austin Dlesk
September 25, 2014 - 12:40pm

There has lately been much heated debate in Washington as of what action the U.S. plans to take against the Islamic extremist group known as ISIS that has been waging war throughout Iraq and Syria. ISIS began to gain a lot of power and ground in Iraq in early June 2014 as the group swept through the nation terrorizing, and claiming control of town after town. Detailed Map on the ISIS takeover here. READ MORE

10 Ways to Deal with Annoying Social Media Habits

By Lucy Ciaramitaro
September 25, 2014 - 12:02pm

Need some help not pulling your hair out at those every-day social media annoyances? Take a deep breath and check out some of these proactive ways to let go of what might be driving you crazy every day on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. 1. Taking selfies READ MORE

7 Flashbacks to make you laugh during Final Exam Week

By Charnae Sanders
May 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

Feeling stressed due to the amount of studying you have to do for finals? Take a 10-minute break and relax by taking a trip down memory lane with these funny childhood clips from the late 90s and early 2000s. After revisiting something from the past, sometimes you find yourself in shock of how easy you can remember the lyrics to a song you haven’t heard in years.  Other times, you can’t help but scratch your head and try to figure out what made this thing so successful in the first place?   1. Disney Channel Circle of Stars READ MORE

An Artist’s Perspective on the Modern Music Industry

By Austin Dlesk
May 8, 2014 - 8:00am

The art of musical entertainment is deeply rooted into all aspects of our culture and is an ever evolving industry. Within the last 20 years alone the music industry due to advancing technology has reached new heights that most artists 50 years ago could have ever dreamed of. READ MORE