sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Anti Valentines Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Yup, it is that time of year…the one where single girls gather together to discuss their hatred of men and horrible memories of heartbreak. Well my friends, this is the time to change your most hated holiday into a great day. Yes, I am talking about Valentines Day.  Known as the Hallmark Holiday from hell, I am going to share some fun activities to engage in if you’re single and really not ready to mingle. Start planning now and get a great group of your single friends together to participate in an Anti Valentines Day extravaganza! Here are the top 5 things you should plan to do on this day!

1. Watch a Anti Valentine’s Day Movie:

Here is a list of movies I have compiled to get make sure that your status on Facebook is the LAST thing on your mind.

Hunger Games

Like Mike

500 Days of Summer

Horrible Bosses

Fatal Attraction

American Beauty

Kill Bill

Pulp Fiction

Superbad

1. Blast your favorite breakup songs:

You know we all love to dance around with our friends to those songs inspired by the girls making it through the heartbreak just fine. Here’s a list of recommended anti-love songs to listen to all day.

Tainted Love- Soft Cell

Since You’ve Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson

I Will Survive- Gloria Gaynor

Single- Natasha Bedingfield

ANYTHING BEYONCE! (Single Ladies especially)

Independent Women- Destinys Child

Bitch- Meredith Brooks

Man! I Feel Like a Woman- Shania Twain

Bossy- Kelis

We are Never Ever Getting Back Together- Taylor Swift

Can’t Hold Us Down – Christina Aguilera

I’m Every Woman- Chaka Khan

Pretty Girl Rock- Keri Hilson

Respect- Aretha Franklin

Survivor- Destinys Child

Wannabe- Spice Girls

Suddenly I See- KT Tuntstall

1. Buy a variety of wine:

Have all your girlfriends bring over a different bottle of wine over to have a little wine tasting party! Bring over some food to go with it and have a fun get-together.

1. Sit in a circle and make fun of all the stupid things your ex did…. I’m sure there’s plenty to say. Most likely someone’s story will make you feel better about yours.

1. Pamper yourself!

Go out and get a manicure/pedicure, massage, or even a nice facial. Treat yourself!

Remember that you’re young and have a LONG time to meet someone of your dreams. Don’t settle for someone who doesn’t make you happy or treat you right. Life is short, have fun with friends and live life to the fullest. And don’t forget, Mr. Right might be right around the corner waiting for you.

Annie is a junior at Central Michigan University from Plymouth, Mi.  She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations with a minor in Leadership.  Annie is an active member in her sorority Phi Sigma Sigma holding numerous positions within the chapter.  She has a love for travel, food and pets and looks forward to an internship abroad Summer 2013.  Annie loves writing for Her Campus and cannot wait to see this chapter grow to be such a great success! :)