4 Reasons Why Summer Classes are the Way to Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

The quizzes may not end in May for students who plan on taking courses over the summer, but there is an upseide to taking summer classes. 

1. The season makes a difference

Just because you’re still taking classes doesn’t mean you can’t soak in the sunrays or enjoy the beautiful weather.  When classes are over, you still have most of the hours left in the day to yourself to go out with friends or relax on the beach. Sunny, warm days tend to put people in a happier mood so there’s even a chance you might get out earlier sometimes!

2. Credit or no credit eases the stress

There’s the option to take “Credit or No Credit” for your classes. So you can aim to pass the class, but not have to deal with the additional stress of getting a high GPA so you can still enjoy your summer to the fullest. However, double check with an academic advisor if you can take “Credit or No Credit” for the classes you’re taking.

3. You’re closer to graduation

Yes, summer is the only season your brain can rest from the academic lifestyle. However with summer classes, you’ll get closer and closer to graduation. Why not take a class or two this summer that you won’t have to take when the school year starts back? Just get it over with.

4. You get to go home

If you live in a dorm or apartment in your college town, you can finally return home. Taking classes won’t seem that bad when you know you’re home instead of stuck on campus or where you usually stay for most of the year. Plus, summer classes don’t take up your entire summer, so you still have a few months to do as you please!

Charnae Sanders is a sophomore at Central Michigan University majoring in the field of journalism. The Detroit native was a 2012 Lem Tucker Journalism Scholarship winner and has interned with The Detroit Free Press and The Wall Street Journal: Classroom Online Edition. She is currently the Editor of the Food & Beverage section of Grand Central Magazine and a former reporter of CMU’s Central Michigan Life. Charnae hopes to write for a professional magazine after graduating from CMU. In addition, she would also like to write and publish her own novels and poetry. She calls writing her passion and is fascinated with the art of storytelling. When this Aquarius isn’t busy working on articles or studying for an exam, you can find her cheering on her favorite sports teams or singing along to Taylor Swift and Beyoncé.