This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Victoria Blunt

Hometown: Summerville, South Carolina

Major: Arts Management and Theatre

Year: Sophomore

If you could be any celebrity who would you be and why?

Ryan Seacrest! He literally owns everything. I think he’s one of the hardest working men in Hollywood. He basically owns all of E! TV and he has radio shows. Who doesn’t like talking and music? Oh, and his teeth are incredibly white.

So Victoria, what are you involved with on campus?

I’m a member of Student Alumni Associates, the Higdon Student Leadership Program, and I house manage for the CofC Department of Dance and Theatre shows.

Where do you hope to be in five years?

In five years, I definitely hope to be working in the arts management field. I really have a passion for theatre, so maybe I’ll be with a theatre company, touring play, or musical. But honestly, I could do anything in the arts management field and be happy.

You’re currently an intern at the Charleston Music Hall. What are some of your responsibilities there?

Some of my responsibilities include working the box office and concessions stand, ushering the performances, web posting, posting flyers around the city and just about anything else I can do to help with the day-to-day operations at the Music Hall.

That’s a lot of work! What’s the coolest show you’ve been able to see while working at CMH?

Every show that comes through Charleston Music Hall is cool, but the John Butler Trio show has been my favorite so far. Bombadil is playing at CMH on 11/20 though, and they are a really awesome band, so who knows? My answer might change.

As an Arts Management and Theatre double major, what would you say is an aspect of the art world that people tend to not understand?

I think that people don’t understand how much time and effort go into arts events whether it be a theatre performance, a concert, a gallery opening, etc. It’s very hard work and it really gets down to the nitty gritty, but it’s worth it when you’re fulfilling a goal or a mission.

What is so great about the College of Charleston?

Attending CofC has given me the opportunity to learn from professors who are passionate about what they teach, to study in a beautiful and historic city, and to work with other students who enjoy serving the college, as well as the community.

All photos are found on Victoria’s facebook page.
Catherine Yetman is a sophomore from New Jersey. She loves yoga and spending her free time at the beach. She is studying psychology at the College of Charleston in hopes of becoming a psychologist one day.