kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Trend Spotting: Desert Living

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Thankfully you don’t have to live in the actual desert to rock this awesome trend. Here are five ways to dress like you’re a cowgirl, without having to live off of canned beans and the sole companionship of your horse. 

1. If this poncho doesn’t remind you of cowboys, I don’t know what will. Use it on those summer nights when it’s a little too chilly for shorts and a t-shirt, or as a fun beach cover up. 

2. The simplicity of this shirt, combined with the different woven patterns and fringe, make it a perfect top to just throw on over some shorts, or to pair with a maxi if you’re going out.

3. Nothing says desert like cowboy boots, and these are no exception. Thankfully, these are ankle boots, so you can still keep your legs cool while showing off the intricate designs and stitching on this pair of cowboy boots. 

4. Turquoise and silver jewelry is a staple of every westerner and looks great, especially on tan skin. 

5. Finally, a trend your mom can get on board with. This modified version of the cowboy hat will keep you cool (in more ways than one), and protected (both from the sun and the haters). No one will be throwing any shade at you, because they’ll see that you already have enough.

Camila is a freshman at the College of Charleston, SC and a member of Delta Gamma. She plans to major in Marketing with a double minor Spanish and Communications. She is obsessed with any variation of mac and cheese and tweets often to the dismay of her followers. She loves puns and shopping and plans to severely deplete her savings account in the next four years on King St.