This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.
Name: Noël “Nelly/Noley” Schutz
Major & Minor: Psychology major, Theater minor
Hometown: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 
Class of: 2016
Relationship status: In a relationship with Kate Upton… She just doesn’t know it yet. So, technically single.

Why did you want to attend the College of Charleston?
“C of C was actually a last minute decision for me. The deadline to choose a college was coming up and I had yet to find a place that felt quite right. I was in Charleston on a family trip, and on a whim decided to take a tour of the college. The moment I stepped on campus, I felt like I had come home. Although the deadline to apply had already passed, I submitted an application anyway. I was wait-listed, and a few days later I got an e-mail saying that I had been accepted. After that, it just seemed like kismet for me to attend The College.”

If you could recommend one restaurant in Charleston, which would it be?
“I guess this is technically in Mount Pleasant, but Page’s Okra Grill is absolutely delicious. Everything I’ve tried there has been exquisite and their desserts are to die for. (And yes, they do have okra).”

What is your dream job and why?
“My dream job would be a sex therapist, which I’m studying to be now, as well as a writer on the side. Writing is something that has captivated me ever since I was a child. However, I’m also passionate about helping people, so being able to do the two coincidentally would be a dream come true.”

Are you involved with anything on campus? If yes, what?
“Not currently, but I plan to change that this semester.”

What are some qualities you look for in a significant other?
“A sense of humor is a big one for me. I have an incredibly dry and sarcastic sense of humor, and when someone gets it, even better, can throw it back at me, I absolutely love it. An open mind and a willingness to have great conversations is also very important to me as well.”

Tell us about your hobbies.
“I love to read just about anything and everything, work out, eat, nap, watch obscure horror movies, go to the theater, dye my hair crazy colors, get random piercings, and spend time with my friends.”

If you could give one piece of advice to a largest group of people, what would it be?
“This is going to sound like such overkill, but no matter how often it’s said, there are so many people out there who haven’t quite grasped it yet. Above all, be yourself, or you’re never going to be fully happy. Don’t base your life or your standards on what you think people expect of you. Follow your heart, and if your heart urges you to skip rather than walk down the street or burst into show tunes as you’re going about your day (two of my personal favorite activities), by all means, go for it.”
Catherine Yetman is a sophomore from New Jersey. She loves yoga and spending her free time at the beach. She is studying psychology at the College of Charleston in hopes of becoming a psychologist one day.