Michael Faikes ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.
Anyone who personally knows our Student Body Treasurer can verify that he is one of of the most authentic and ambitious individuals walking our beautiful campus. While he has a smile that lights up a room and a naturally charismatic nature, it is no surprise that he is featured as a campus cutie for the week. Continue reading to find out what brought Michael to Charleston and how he would like to leave a lasting impact on everyone that he encounters.

Hometown: Irmo, SC (about 20 minutes from Columbia, SC)
Major: Business Administration and Economics
Year: Junior

What made you decide to move to Charleston and attend CofC?
Charleston is amazing. Its really close to Columbia and I was enticed by the Honors College’s business program. Besides having great academics, I also really like the environment here.

What are some of your favorite spots in Charleston?
My favorite restaurant is Kickin Chicken, but I also like running in Waterfront Park, and taking a stroll through the Cistern or Marion Square.

What are some clubs and activities that you are involved in on campus?
I am involved in Student Government and I serve as Student Body Treasurer, the Honors College, and a Resident Assistant in Berry.

What made you decide to run for treasurer?
I had a great experience my freshman year working on a committee with the former treasurer. I could see myself doing it and working with funds would be good for what I plan to do in the future.
What is your ideal date?
The first date she has to pick the restaurant. I only require that it is far away enough that we can engage in conversation as we go there. After dinner we have to get pumpkin cheesecake from Kaminskys. (If she does not like pumpkin cheesecake she is not the one). Then depending on the weather we can either go take a walk at Waterfront Park or pick up a movie from Redbox. Preferably, Silver Linings Playbook because I still have not seen that yet.

What is a life goal that you want to accomplish?
I want to be knighted (this may not be possible) and I want to be called Sir Michael Randall Faikes.

What do you want to be most remembered for after you graduate?
I want to be remembered as that guy that was easy to talk to.

Ebony Bryant is a senior Communications major with a minor in Classical Studies at The College of Charleston. Her favorites activities include traveling, writing,and trying out new restaurants.She is obsessed with full moons and shopping for earrings.