This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Finals are finishing up, and we are rolling right into the holidays.  But with exams and projects, how do we juggle or even have time to think about gifts and decorations?  Meet Raleigh Doak.  This sophmore is done with chaotic finals and ready to share some insight on how she rocks around the Christmas tree!

Ashlyn Kelly: How do you cope with finals during “the most wonderful time of the year”?

Raleigh Doak: By decorating for Christmas and trying to still get in the spirit so when it comes to all the stress of finals I’m not losing my mind. 

AK: What are some of your favorite holiday memories?

Raleigh: Decorating the Christmas tree with a nice, big fire roaring and watching Christmas Vacation and the original Grinch on VHS.

AK: What are some good last minute gifts?

Raleigh: Some fuzzy socks, a cute mug, gift cards, and maybe scarves.

AK: How do you handle the repetitive questions from distant relatives?

Raleigh: I try to answer them with a smile and pretend I haven’t had the question asked a million times.

AK: What’s your favorite Christmas song and movie?

Raleigh: It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas is mmy favorite song and my favorite movie is Christmas Vacation.

AK: What Christmas traditions does your family have?

Raleigh: We have bought our tree at the same place since my very first Christmas. We all out on our Santa hats and make hot chocolate  and go get the tree. 

We also have a Christmas Eve party every year and friends and family come. 

AK: What do you plan to do during break?

Raleigh: Sleep, eat, relax, and not give one thought about school or work until I have to.

(Agreed! I think we all can relate to this one!)

Thanks for spreading the holiday cheer, Raleigh!