This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Caroline Greenblatt

Year: Freshmen

Major: English (Creative Writing)

Hometown: Dallas, Texas

What are three things we should know about you? 

I’m 4’11 and have a lifelong dream of being five feet tall; I’m half Cajun, half Texan; and I’m a Texas State Fair best of show cake baker.

What are three things you can’t live without?

Queso, dogs, and double-stuffed oreos.

Favorite spot on campus thus far?

The 6th floor of McAlister! Best view of the sunset on campus.

Favorite book and why? 

Either “I’ll Give You the Sun” by Jandy Nelson or “Sacre Bleu” by Christopher Moore. Both are super funny but also really emotional and artfully written. The characters are really relatable but at the same time just fanciful enough to be creative.

Favorite Movie: The Mighty Ducks.

Dream Job: Travel writer.

Favorite part of your first few weeks here in Charleston?

I think my favorite memory so far was when my suitemates had a mental breakdown during recruitment week and we all just sorta ended up crying and laughing on the floor from stress and sleep deprivation. That just really bonded us as a whole. Or maybe the time I ordered a life size cardboard cutout of Harry Styles and then displayed him in our dorm window for a week.

What’s one goal for your freshman year?

I want to get involved in everything! After initiation, I plan to find a ton of community service organizations to join.

What are you trying to get involved in on campus?

I’m looking to join some kind of adventure club or something where I can go outside and hike or kayak or anything outdoorsy like that! I was also really active with Habitat for Humanity back home and would love to do that.

You’re involved with Greek Life, what is that like?

Greek Life is awesome! I recently pledged Kappa Delta, but I’m not initiated yet so I’m not super active. I love having sisters who love and support me no matter what, and it’s been so great getting to know my pledge class. My suitemates are in  KD, Phi Mu and Kappa Alpha Theta so we have a lot of panhellenic love in the dorm.

Are there any stereotypes about Greek life that you think are true or any you disagree with?

I mean there are so many misconceptions about Greek life, such as people buying their friends, or only joining to party, and anything like that. Greeks are required to hold a certain GPA and volunteer with their philanthropy and fundraise a lot, so we actually really enrich the community. My sisterhood is really strong and I literally love every girl in Kappa Delta.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Lake Keowee in South Carolina. I used to wakeboard there in the summer while at summer camp and it’s my favorite place in the world.

Why do you love texas so much? 

Because it’s so unique! It’s got a good mixture of southern and western culture, so like really polite cowboys. I love the rodeo and cowboys and all that jazz.  Also, the food is amazing! Tex-mex is equivalent to oxygen for me–I have to have it.

Washington D.C. Native, Member of Phi Mu Alpha Kappa Chapter https://www.pinterest.com/HerCampusCofC/ (Follow me on pinterest!)