Meet Brynn Smith: Changing South Carolina Legislation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Brynn was my roommate last semester and she definetely isn’t someone you’ll have a boring conversation with. This sophomore is from Branchville, South Carolina, and is an Education major with a double concentration in social studies and English. Here is some more information on what Brynn is doing within the Charleston community as well as in South Carolina legislation. 

Allie Stern: What are you involved with on campus?

Brynn Smith: Delegate and Secretary for South Carolina Student legislators, content creator for the Odyssey, member of Phi Eta Sigma Honors Society, member of CofC Volunteer Corps and community partner for the S.A.F.E. organization. 

AS:  What is your biggest accomplishment?

BS: Probably my GPA.

AS: Favorite spot on campus?

BS: Either the Cistern or Rivers Green.

AS: Best CofC memory?

BS: Having crazy, weird, and random discussions with people at [College] Lodge and going on adventures with my friends.

AS: What is the one thing you are most passionate about? Why?

BS: Gender, racial and economic inequality becauase cultural patterns of oppression are interrelated and bound together by the intersectional system of society. We cannot collectively progress as a society if even one of us is held back.

AS: What are your career aspirations?

BS: I am currently pursuing a degree in education, would like to apply for Teach for America following my graduation and attend grad school.

AS: Which resturant has the best food in Charleston?

BS: Anywhere I can’t afford to eat.

AS: What are your hobbies?

BS: I like to play guitar, nap, try new food and travel.

AS: If you could travel in time to any period, which period would you go to and why?

BS: The Classical Age of Greece as a man so I could study in Athens.

AS: What do you think your spirit animal is?

BS: According to Buzzfeed, I am a trout.

All photos courtesy of Brynn Smith. 

Allie Stern

C of C '19

Allie is a young public health professional, Guns N Roses enthusiast, cannabis educator, and Home Goods #1 customer. She is an up-and-coming entrepreneur who is passionate about women's empowerment and leadership. When she's not planning out her future on her white board, she can be found playing video games or watching Marvel movies with her boyfriend Amal.