For the Love of Romance: 15 Must See Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

With all the movie genres that flood the industry, romance is the kind that will always draw in a huge audience. They have the ability to arouse sympathetic sensations and empathetic emotions that hit us in the heart. The good ones will consume us by their tales of passion, lust, and tragedy and make us feel every butterfly, tear, chill, and heartbreak along with the characters as they fall in and out of love.

Romantic films connect with crowds because they make us feel for what we have, what we had, or what we dream of having. It may be fictitious in script, but once the characters jump off the page and come to life on the big screen, no heart can cease to wrench or beat faster. They provoke those lovestruck feelings within all of us through such a broad scope of stories.

So here’s a list of 15 movies that will inevitably bring out the hopeless romantic in us all.

1. Tragic Classic – Remember Me 
  2. Forbidden Love – Love Story
  3. Comic Relief – Crazy Stupid Love
  4. High School Sweetheart Cliché – If I Stay
  5. Passionate Pining Water for Elephants 
  6. Eye Opening Drama – The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  7. Romantic Rollercoaster Like Crazy
  8. Bad Romance – Blue Valentine   
  9. Serious Seduction – Dirty Dancing
  10. Lifechanging Love – About Time 
  11. Friend Zone – One Day
  12. Tender Tearjerker – A Walk to Remember
  13. Lifelong Love – Stuck in Love
  14. Soulmate Serenade – The Notebook
  15. Epic Romance Titanic 
Alex Hagg is a 21 year old senior at the College of Charleston. She is a Communication major working towards a future in fashion. With the dream of becoming the next Rachel Zoe/Carrie Bradshaw, Alex hopes to one day hold a career as a stylist and writer for a fashion magazine. Currently she is a blog intern at Southern Protocol Boutique. In Alex's spare time she enjoys shopping, relaxing on the beach, and watching movies.