Frontmen with Swoon-worthy Voices

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Matty Healy from the 1975

Listen to: Robbers, Is There Somebody Who Can Watch You

I’m warning you, once you start listening to this band, you won’t be able to stop. Not only does Matt have that perfectly smooth yet raspy voice (+ a British accent, so there’s that), but all of their music is so catchy and proves that the music of the 80s is coming back.

Me:

Morrissey from The Smiths

Listen to: There is a Light that Never Goes Out, Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me

Anyone who knows me knows my affinity for the Smiths.  They’re a great band, and, contrary to what people think, not all of their music is depressing. Anyway, these are the two that always melt my heart. For such a misanthrope, Morrissey really does have a way to your heart. He’s 55 now, but he still hasn’t lost that voice.

I mean, your dream kinda came true, didn’t it, Moz?

Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkeys

Listen to: No. 1 Party Anthem, I Wanna Be Yours

Okay, third British guy in a row. They just have a talent for creating crush-worthy bands (I mean, look at all the girls who went crazy over One Direction and the Beatles 50 years earlier). Also, how can you deny a guy in a leather jacket with a smooth voice?

Work that ‘do.

Ezra Koenig from Vampire Weekend

Listen to: Hannah Hunt, I Think Ur a Contra

Finally, an American on here. This guy can really write a love song. Hannah Hunt is one of the best songs on Modern Vampires of the City. I think I nearly died when I saw him sing it live. Also, this guy has a sense of humor. Check out his Twitter page if you haven’t yet. 

You can’t trust Hannah, Ezra, but you can trust me.  

Jared Leto from 30 Seconds to Mars

Listen to: Modern Myth, From Yesterday

Honestly, I knew Jared Leto as a frontman before I ever knew that he was an actor. So this guy can sing AND he has an Oscar. His ombré is better than any girl I’ve seen. He has a rock star voice – he can go high, low, loud…But if you’re not in the mood for hard rock, then listen to his acoustic version of “The Kill.”

Also, an honorary ombre post

You just can’t deny the beauty of it.

Brendon Urie from Panic! At the Disco

Listen to: This is Gospel, Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking her Clothes Off

It’s obvious that he has the voice of an angel, and it’s so unfair. The piano version of “This is Gospel” also gives me chills.

I’ll hold you close, Brendon. <3

Image sources:

http://thugvouge.tumblr.com/post/103068180400, http://1975blog.tumblr.c…

Alex is a sophomore in the Honors College at the College of Charleston.  She majors in English with a concentration in creative writing.  In her spare time, she enjoys writing poetry, fiction, and songs, reading, drinking her own body weight in coffee and tea, playing guitar, singing, and enjoying the great outdoors!