Eric Singleton ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Eric Singleton

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Greenville,SC

Why did you choose to come to CofC?

I chose CofC because it’s a beautiful place full of beautiful people- I’m all about people being whoever they want to be, and out of every school I applied to I felt as if this was the school where everyone could be accepted.

What are some clubs or activities you’re involved in?

Tour guide in Charleston 40, Club Swimming, off campus job at the Savannah Bee Company (bee puns are my specialty lol), YoungLife, and I’m a William Aiken Fellow in the Honors college

What do you like to do when you’re not in class?

I love to explore the city and find some really cool obscure shops, places or restaurants that are like Charleston’s best kept secrets that I can bring people to that come visit me!

Who is your celebrity crush?

Ellie Goulding (I have seen her in concert and I tried to ask her to prom by getting on the Today Show in NYC hahaha)

What is your favorite:

Food: Shrimp and Grits (typical southern move)

Movie: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Book: Looking for Alaska by John Green

TV show: the Office HANDS DOWN I can quote practically every episode

Song: Sloom by Of Monsters and Men

Class at CofC so far: Intro to World Religion with June McDaniel (it was crazy to learn so much about different world cultures and ways of life- I love stuff like that)

Finally, what’s something most people don’t know about you?

I am completely obsessed with Peru. I think it’s a beautiful country and the people there are so incredibly kind and simple. I would love to live there when I get older.

Erin Wiley is a junior at the College of Charleston, pursuing an AB degree in Arts Management with a minor in Communication. She has been writing for Her Campus for almost two years and created and maintains Her Campus CofC's Pinterest page. She loves everything from music to movies to fashion, and everything in between. After college, she hopes to do something in the entertainment industry, working with either a music producer or a film company. In her spare time, Erin likes to read, watch movies, and walk around historic downtown Charleston.