This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

To all of the prospective Cougars who are waiting until the last minute to come tour the beautiful College of Charleston – you’ll be in good hands if you get this week’s Campus Cutie as your tour guide!  If you spot Emily on campus, she’s almost always smiling, and with good reason – she’s finishing up her second year at her dream school in the city she loves, with the people she loves.  Want to know the quickest way to her heart?  It’s simple – give her chocolate and she’ll love you forever.  Read on to find out more about this weeks Campus Cutie, Emily Oakley!

Name: Emily Oakley

Hometown:  Pawleys Island, SC

Class:   Sophomore

Major:  Psychology

Campus Involvement:  Charleston Forty, Psychology Club, and Committed to Charleston

Single or Taken:  She’s taken…(sorry fellas)

Why did you choose CofC? 
I knew from my junior year of high school that CofC was my dream school. I knew I wanted to go to an instate school and CofC was in the perfect location. It was far enough away from home, but also close enough to go back whenever I wanted. Also the campus atmosphere and people were just so welcoming, and it definitely has not disappointed me at all! 

What’s your favorite thing about Charleston?
My favorite thing is definitely the location. There is so much the city has to offer with King St., being close to the water, and also just the historical aspects all throughout the city. I always tell families on my campus tours that you just can’t come to Charleston and not fall in love with it!

How do others describe you?
The first thing I always get is short, but others also say that I’m nice, friendly, and easy to talk to! Sometimes I get cute too…haha 

If there was a movie made about you, what would it be called?
Schmems: The Somewhat Common White Girl (coming to a theater near you Summer 2015!)

What is your most dreaded, most terrifying final?
I can’t decide whether Stats or Neuroscience will kill me first…(lets be real, I’m terrified of them all)

Do you have any major summer plans?
To kick off the summer I will be heading to Hawaii for a week after school gets out! After that I’m planning on trying to balance my time between Pawleys and Charleston, and will also be taking some summer classes!

Speed Round! What’s your favorite…
  • Food?  Italian. Anything with pasta! (And of course sushi #commonwhitegirl)
  • Charleston restaurant?  There is no way I can pick just one…but when the parents come down, definitely McCrady’s!
  • Color?  This one is easy….blue!
  • Movie?  It’s an even tie between Tangled and Frozen
  • Song?  Well since this changes every week, for the moment it is Latch feat. Sam Smith by Disclosure

Kaylee is a sophomore at the College of Charleston from Franklin, Virginia.  She has a passion for all of the arts from writing to dance to fashion.  Hoping to one day pursue a career as a museum curator, she is planning to double major in Arts Management and Historic Preservation with a minor in Communication.  Outside of Her Campus, Kaylee is the executive assistant of the CofC Fashion Club and a member of Circle K.