Caroline Ruttenberg ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Caroline (right) with her fellow Delta Gamma Shannon Vinton

Hometown: Ashburn, VA

Year: Sophomore

How did you choose the College of Charleston? The beautiful city and the warm weather brought me here.

What are your favorite places to go in Charleston? I love exploring this city. I enjoy running along south battery and picking random roads along the way. 

Major: Elementary Education

Dream Job: Nannying for a family on the Upper East Side

What are you involved in on or off campus? Currently I am the Director of Social Awareness for Delta Gamma, a Cougar Ambassador, a member of Phi Eta Sigma and a SNAP Note-Taker. Off-campus I can be found nannying everyday from 2-7.

How do you manage to stay positive when you are feeling overwhelmed/stressed? Honestly, I either goes for a run, drink some tea or read a good book. I have always believed that having a smile on your face regardless of what is coming your way will make for a better day. 

You give out the “Kate Middleton Award” to members of your sorority who have displayed “classiness.” What advice would you give to girls who want to further embody the class of the Duchess?  It’s hard in this day and age…No one wants to be Kate, everyone wants to be Miley. If I could I would encourage girls to respect themselves and have self-confidence.

Camila is a freshman at the College of Charleston, SC and a member of Delta Gamma. She plans to major in Marketing with a double minor Spanish and Communications. She is obsessed with any variation of mac and cheese and tweets often to the dismay of her followers. She loves puns and shopping and plans to severely deplete her savings account in the next four years on King St.