This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

The key to body positivity is a stronger mind. Learn to train your mind to become comfortable with the body you were gifted with. Try not care how you look to other people. Focus on how you feel about yourself internally. Work on your spirit and body health for yourself and your well being, not to look better or like the girl you saw on social media.

Feeling good in your own skin is easier said than done, but if you start working on the betterment of your own personal spirit, positivity in everything in life will come easier.

Here are 7 quotes to get your mind flowing about body and mind positivity.

1. “Being sexy is all about attitude, not body type. It’s a state of mind.” – Amisha Patel

2. “The best cure for the body is a quiet mind.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

3. “A small body of determined spirits, fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission, can alter the course of history”. – Mahatma Ghandi

4. “You are essentially who you create yourself to be and all that occurs in your life is the result of your own making”. – Stephen Richards

5. “You can not talk like a failure and expect yourself to be successful”. – Germany Kent

6. “Magic always happens when you direct your inner powers to the object you want to change” – Bangambiki Habyarimana, Pearls of Eternity

7. “A beautiful body perishes, but a work of art dies not” – Leonardo da Vinci

Chynna Chan

C of C '19

International Businesss major and Spanish minor at the College of Charleston. Originally from San Diego, CA. Lover of Hot Cheetos and Mexican street tacos. Meditation advocate. Traveler. Foodie. Interested in saving the world.