6 Charleston Brunch Spots for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

If you’re as much of a procrastinator as I am, then there’s a good chance you haven’t made plans for Valentine’s Day yet. I personally believe you can’t go wrong with a Sunday brunch, and since you still have a few days to spare, here are my best suggestions to have your best V-Day yet.

1. Another Broken Egg

You can’t go wrong with a classic brunch at ABE.  With everything from their famous biscuit beignets to savory grits to loaded French toast, there’s something guaranteed to put a smile on every customer’s face. This quintessential Charleston cafe is also conveniently located on Market Street, just a short stroll away from the picturesque water.

2. Warehouse

Located a stone throw’s from the hustle and bustle of King Street, Warehouse is known for its unique function as both a bar and a great place for those who love to sleep in on Sunday mornings—it’s open from 11 AM to 2 AM. You have plenty of time to take the trip, but be prepared for a little wait, as this popular restaurant does not take reservations.

3. Caviar & Bananas

If you’re a student at the College, then you definitely know this popular little place located in the heart of campus on George Street. C&B, as it’s more often called, has a variety of options for any meal of the day, but their breakfast & lunch options are unbeatable. With more of a casual vibe, this place is the perfect choice for those who are looking for a more laid-back Valentine’s Day option.

4. Magnolia’s

This East Bay Street gem is another Charleston classic. Known for its more upscale Southern comfort food, Magnolia’s offers everything from country fried steak and banana pudding stuffed French toast to brunch classics like eggs Benedict and grits. While this option is a little pricier, its definitely worth the amazing food and atmosphere that a place like this is sure to guarantee.

5. Kudu

Similar to Caviar & Banana’s, Kudu is a more laid back and casual cafe that many students frequent often. It offers great coffee and pastries, as well as signature craft beers that draw many locals. The best part about Kudu is the atmosphere—they offer both indoor and outdoor seating and the overall vibe of the place is definitely one to see. If you and your valentine are looking for somewhere casual and cozy, Kudu is the place for you!

6. Marina Variety Store

I believe in saving the best for last, and Marina Variety Store is without a doubt the best. A less known place, MVS has some of the best breakfast food to offer in Charleston.  Located at the Water’s Edge Marina, just a short walk from  booming parts of downtown, Marina Variety Store is the perfect place for brunch with a view. You can enjoy some of the best omelets while watching the boats come in and out of the Marina. Definitely one of my favorites!

There you have it! Charleston offers a plethora of places to eat, no matter the occasion, but these six are definitely some of the Holy City’s best.

Happy Valentine’s Day collegiettes, and remember: no Sunday is complete without brunch!

Northern girl falling in love with the South; loves traveling, the ocean, and a good cup of Chai.  If she's not taking notes in class or throwing a javelin at track practice, you can probably find her at the beach. 
Born and raised in the northernmost state, Alaska, Marissa flew south to College of Charleston for a little more sun and a little more heat.  She believes a good life involves coffee, puppies, and more coffee and free time is her favorite thing not to have.