5 Ways to Upgrade Your Hair for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Spring is coming which means it’s time for a hair update. After a long winter of ponytails, buns, and loads of protective hair care products, you can finally let your locks free! No more of the same old boring hairstyles for you! You’d be surprised how big of a difference one simple change can make. Whether you’d like to keep it simple with an updated updo, or go for a bold cut, treat your hair this spring! This is the season of rejuvenation and renewal so why not ‘renew’ your hair as well?

1. Add Flowers

Spring is blooming with beautiful blossoms. There’s seriously no better time to try out this trend than springtime! Anywhere that sells accessories will sell flowers for your hair. Of course, you can never go wrong with a colorful flower crown headband. But since flowers are now blooming, you could definitely use the real thing! They’re pretty AND they smell lovely! Win-win.

2. Update your classic ponytail

Ponytails are such a fast and simple style that it’s easy to fall into the pattern of the average classic pony everyday. This spring, try a new and revitalized style! Pull it up high, keep it down low, or incorporate a braid or a pretty twist. There are countless possibilities!

3. Bows

A hair bow can be worn in so many ways that most people don’t realize. Whether it’s big and bright or small and simple, it’s a hair accessory that should not be forgotten about. Look for spring colors and patterns like florals and polka dots. From there you can add the bow to a half-up hairdo or to a simple ponytail or a bun.

4. Braids

Braids are a timeless style that you can always fall back on. Like the ponytail, there are COUNTLESS ways to update a simple braid. Milkmaid braids, waterfall braids, fishtail braids. Find the style that’s right for you and pair it with the perfect spring dress!

5. CUT IT SHORT

For all you brave collegiates out there, take a cue from the celebs and get a chic pixie cut! Not only is it stylish and totally in style at the moment, but it’s a style that will make your locks thank you. Cutting off all of those dead ends will give you a fresh start and let your hair grow to it’s full and healthy potential. It is, in a way, the very definition of spring!

Erin Wiley is a junior at the College of Charleston, pursuing an AB degree in Arts Management with a minor in Communication. She has been writing for Her Campus for almost two years and created and maintains Her Campus CofC's Pinterest page. She loves everything from music to movies to fashion, and everything in between. After college, she hopes to do something in the entertainment industry, working with either a music producer or a film company. In her spare time, Erin likes to read, watch movies, and walk around historic downtown Charleston.