5 Study Snack Ideas to Help You Survive Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Finals is a time where we let ourselves go and treat ourselves to the max.  We gorge on pizza and eat fries to dull the pain of exams and projects.  We eat our feelings and don’t get enough sleep.  But what should we actually be eating?  Probably not all that junk food.

1. Fruits and Vegetables

This is the obviously healthy go-to snack.  Grab an apple or an orange to take to the library.  Try a banana on the go or even some carrots with a little hummus. Your possibilities are really endless and your digestive system will thank you!  Plus, the better you eat during Finals the better you will feel.  

2. Peanut Butter, Banana & Honey Roll-ups

This new take on a classic sandwich is sure to give you a boost while you study.  Lather a whole wheat tortilla or flatbread up with peanut butter, slice up a banana and drizzle with honey for a tasty snack.  This staple is filled with protein and healthy fats that are sure to keep you feeling your best during a stressful time.

3. Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Almonds

This salty-sweet snack is a perfect go-to, plus it’s super easy to make!  All you need is almonds, dark chocolate and salt.  This snack is a little bit healthy and a little bit sweet, the perfect pair for a study break snack or something to throw in your bag to eat between classes.  

4. Crescent Roll Pizza Roll-ups

If you thought other snacks were easy, this is an easy go-to that you’ll be pulling out regardless of the occasion.  Start with crescent rolls and cheese sticks, then the world is yours!  Grab pepperonis or Canadian bacon and pineapple, or go all out and make it supreme. Pair with some marinara sauce and you’re ready! These may not always be the healthiest option but they’re definitely better than greasy late night pizza!

5. Snack Mixes

Here you can really get creative!  Mix together your favorite snack pairings like chocolate, pretzels and almonds or try something new.  Try a S’mores Snack Mix or go crazy with Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix.  Either way these snack mixes will wow your flavors and tide over your hunger during late night cram sessions.  

Study snack ideas are something we all need, especially when our go-to choices are pizza, fries or the ever so common cheese and crackers.  Get creative this finals season and try something new and healthier than ever before.  Your tastebuds and stomach will thank you forever!

Happy studying! HCXO

Born and raised in the northernmost state, Alaska, Marissa flew south to College of Charleston for a little more sun and a little more heat.  She believes a good life involves coffee, puppies, and more coffee and free time is her favorite thing not to have.