This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Around this time of year, you probably have school assignments and responsibilities piling up. Finals week is coming up and the stress is starting! I decided to come up with a few things that might help your last few weeks of the semester be stress free!

The Chainsmokers are back on the road for their new tour “Memories Do Not Open” and their third stop was Charleston, South Carolina! AH I KNOW! Back in January, I found out that they were coming here so I decided to get tickets with my friend because we both knew that around this time, we would definitely need a little break.

That was my way to destress from finals and the stress of school, but here are a few ways you can too!

Listen to your favorite music

You don’t have to go out to concerts or spend thousands of dollars on Coachella tickets, just listen to your favorite music! Even if it’s just getting in your car with the windows down and singing at the top of your lungs! It will make you feel better and can boost up your mood.

Have a night in with your girls

If you’d rather stay in, gather a few of your friends for a little bonding girls night! Grab your favorite candy, movies, and nail polish and get cozy! This is a perfect way to wind down and relax to get your mind off school for the night. This would also be a good time to put some face masks on to treat your skin from all the stress.

Get outside

If you’re more of an outdoors person, go for a walk on the beach! The sea breeze and warm sun on your skin and will definitely ease your mind. Just chill and take it easy!  While you’re on the beach, or even go to the Battery downtown, grab a few friends and set up a picnic! Have all your favorite snacks, sandwiches, and drinks and kick back!

Make time to study

But with all this treating yourself and relaxing, don’t forget to make time to study! This is the final stretch to the semester, so make the best of it!

Photo taken by Anna Trojanowska at the Chainsmokers concert in Charleston, SC.

I'm Anna Trojanowska, a junior and President of HC at the College of Charleston. Photography and ballroom dancing are my passions. I absolutely love traveling and documenting my trips to one day look back on them and cherish the beauty of the world.