This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Netlix and chill? More like Netflix and avoid all things you’re actually supposed to be doing.  Cozy up this finals season with some of our favorite movies and TV shows that are sure to make you feel a little better about life and your current studying situation.  So, take a break from finals, studying and stress to detox with some Netflix and much needed downtime.  

1. The Lizzie McGuire Movie

Image from Tumblr.

In the words of Hillary Duff herself, why not? The Lizzie McGuire Movie is the epitome of most of our childhoods.  From the boys to the Italian food to the ridiculous outfit montage to the Roman architecture, it’s one of the best. Honestly give The Lizzie McGuire Movie an Oscar for giving me unrealistic ideals about High School, because I don’t think many of us went to Rome for an eighth-grade graduation trip.

2. Jane the Virgin

Image from Buzzfeed.

Jane the Virgin is one of the best comedies on TV right now, not only is it a hilarious girl power telenovela on the CW but Gina Rodriguez (who plays the virgin herself) won a Golden Globe for her work. If you aren’t aware, Jane the Virgin is about a girl who goes in for a pap smear and accidentally get artificially inseminated. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll totally pick sides on who you want Jane to be with.

3. The Hannah Montana Movie

Image from Tumblr.

Finals are stressful, but you know what isn’t stressful? Hannah Montana. As much as some will admit it now, almost everyone grew up loving Hannah Montana and if they were like me they spent too much money on CDs’, movies and merchandise. Other than that, The Hannah Montana Movie offers insight into struggle that is being a teenage popstar rather than looking at your current finals situation and crying about the final you may or may not pass.

4. Bob’s Burgers

Image from Giphy.

There’s nothing quite like the love of Bob’s Burgers compared to other ‘adult cartoons’ on the air. In my opinion, Bob’s Burgers reaches millennials in a much different way. Maybe it’s how Tina loves butts, how Louise schemes and knows the whole world even though she’s only nine or maybe it’s just Gene’s completely middle school attitude to admire and love. The Belcher family is loveable and has proven to be an incredible stress relief from any work.

5. New Girl

Image from E-Online.

Who’s that girl? It’s Jess is right, New Girl has rightfully become the so called ‘Friends’ of the 2010s. New Girl offers the light hearted comedy that you want from a satirical TV show and still gives characters that you can care about and become invested in. It’s a one of those shows that you can’t help but wish your life was just as fun.

6. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Image from Tumblr.

Everyone loves a good Rom-Com, right? One of the best must be How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. The comedy which is already 13 years old still somehow rings true today. Without giving away too much for anyone who hasn’t seen it, the movie follows a woman who writes an article called How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and a man who has a bet he can make a woman fall in love with him in the same amount of time.

7. Friends

Image from Giphy.

How could I not mention Friends? It’s the epitome of all comedic sitcoms. Now days it seems like everything is trying to be the next Friends and if this can’t distract you and help you detox, what can?

8. Can’t Buy Me Love

Image from Wifflegif.

An adorable 80’s movie feature McDreamy himself as the nerdy one who tries to buy love, Can’t Buy Me Love, is one of those movies that seems like the OG romantic comedy. It’s funny, it’s cute, and it’ll give you a whole lot of nostalgia even though you probably weren’t alive in the 80s.

9. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Image from PopSugar.

It’s easy to say there’s nothing like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. God bless, Tina Fey for writing this comedy because I can’t get enough of it. It’s witty like 30 Rock with a childlike wonder, Kimmy, who missed most of her childhood because she lived in a bunker after being kidnapped before 2000. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry and you’ll totally adore Titus Burgess by the end of it.

10. After the Ball

Image from Blogspot.

After the Ball is a Canadian Cinderella story that you can’t help but love. It’s the story of a girl who was supposed to be the heiress of her father’s fashion company but when he died it was taken away from her and the company ruined thank to her wicked step-mother and evil step-sisters. But it is a Cinderella story after all so you can only imagine how this cute feel good movie translates. 

Cozy up this finals season and reward yourself with some much needed Netflix time (or curl up with these when finals become just too much).  You won’t be disappointed.  

Main Image from Favim.

A future historian who has a love of all things pink, a serious coffee addiction, and a passion to spread self-love.