10 Essentials For Winter Weather

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

It happened. The one thing we feared, but knew would come eventually… Winter. *gasp!* Yes, even here in sunny Charleston, arguably one of the top tourist cities in the world, the temperature does occasionally drop below freezing. It’s officially time to put away the T-shirts and break out the sweaters. Here are 10 winter essentials to help you survive the cold.

1. Everyday Boots

By springtime, people won’t be able to recognize you without these on your feet. They’re warm, comfortable and fashionable.  Everything you could need in a shoe.

2. Accompanying Pair of Boot Socks

Why wear just boots when you can wear boots AND comfty, warm boot socks?!?

3. An Oversized Sweater

It’s as big as it is warm and totally worth it, especially when all the buildings lose heat unexpectedly.

4. Plaid Scarf

Cold weather rule #1 – you can never have too many scarves.

5. Herringbone Puffy Vest

So glam and so warm.

6. Knit Mittens

7. Crochet Pom Pom Hat

8. Heated Blanket

9. Fuzzy Bathrobe

Necessary for more than just post-shower laziness.

10. Microwaveable Plush DogHuggable warmth. Need we say more?

Stay warm, collegiettes!

I'm a senior English major with a concentration in Creative Writing at CofC originally from Boston. I'm also a member of the Honors College, Literati, and HSA here at the College. I love libraries, Target, and exploring; and I am way too emotionally invested in fictional characters. I'm currently leaving the love of my life (the ocean) behind to study abroad in London for the semester.