Welcome to Night Vale Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

I have just recently started listening to the podcast, “Welcome to Night Vale” and in just the first few episodes I have already found 15 absolutely amazing quotes that I would like to share with you all.

1. “If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget”

2. “Stop sign immunity”

3. “Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling error.”

4. “Tried to play back the tapes, but they are all blank and smell faintly of vanilla.”

5. “The wonder of the fleeting nature of even the most important things in life and the faint but pretty smell of vanilla.”

6. “Trees that see”

7. “A void that thinks”

8. “Earth is hallucinations”

9. “An unsolved arson case”

10. “Torture cubicles”

11. “Every writer has now been laid off”

12. “Morse code for trumpet quintets”

13. “We are not history yet. We are happening now. How miraculous is that?”

14. “Only a low moaning and gelatinous quiver”

15. “Teach a tarantula to read stop the madness”

I know this is a random list, but for some reason, I feel like every single one of these quotes is extremely profound and poetic in their own mundane way. I wrote these down before I even decided to write this article due to how much I liked all of them. I very strongly recommend listening to this podcast. I personally listen to it through Spotify, but it is fairly available on several online forums. Give it a listen, and tell me what you think!

Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.