A Visit in Brooks’ Nook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Brooks Hosfeld is a 19-year-old Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies and Anthropology double major from Carmel, IN. He is quite possibly the coolest dude I know which is why he was chosen for this week’s campus profile!

Her Campus (HC): What are you involved in on campus?

Brooks Hosfeld (BH):  I’m primarily involved in TRANSform and Demia, though I am also a part of other diversity organizations such as the Diversity Council, Dawg Days, and the Diversity Ambassadors and Advocates. It seems like there’s more, but that might be it. 

HC: Favorite place to hang out on campus? Off campus?

BH: My favorite place to hang out on campus is currently the couches by the history/antrhopology and political science offices. It’s the only spot in Jordan Hall with windows that open, and it’s a lovely spot to sit on nice days. I’m there often enough that some professors and friends jokingly refer to it as ‘Brooks Nook’. One of my favorite off-campus spots is the 49th and Pennsylvania Hubbarb & Cravens. There’s always sunlight streaming through the large glass windows. 

HC: If you were a genre of music which would it be?

BH:  I’m really not good with identifying genres, so I’m not sure.  (Editor’s Note: Brooks is totally Indie Folk.)

HC: One thing you want to do before you die?

BH:  Own a golden retriever. Also probably two cats. I have to be fully independently financially stable before I adopt animals, though, so that’s really the one thing I know I want in the future.

HC: What’s a quirk you have that not a lot of people know about?

BH: I own so many plants. My roommates and I have 50-60 between the four of us, and it requires all of my self-control to walk by a plant section in the store without buying another. Probably anyone who follows me on Snapchat knows that, though, since I periodically introduce my plants to the world.

HC: Secret (or not so secret) pet peeve of yours?

BH: Patriarchy, racism, classism, ableism, capitalism, that kind of thing. Also when people don’t clean up the kitchen after they cook.

HC:  What is one motto you live by?

BH: I don’t really have a motto! Everything changes so quickly that I value the phrases that are signaficant and relavent to me at any particular moment. 

Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.