freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ultimate Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

So you want to throw the ultimate Galentine’s Day party, huh? In all my years of Galentine-ing, I’ve figured out how to throw the best party to celebrate your gal pals.

http://gph.is/2cwn47f

Throwing a themed Galentine’s Day event is always a good time. Last year, my gal pals and I did groutfits (all grey outfits) and it was blast. I’ve, since then, thought of like 14878923 other cute themes:

• Tropical

• Parisan

• 1920’s

• Disney Princesses

• Royalty in general

• Pajama Party

• Murder Mystery

• Game Show-esque

• Make the party like an episode of Chopped and whoever makes the worst valentine gets chopped.

• Generic Valentine’s Day

• Wine Mom Party

The list goes on for like four pages, but you get the point.  Please use them ‘cus I’m not going to be around for that many Galentine’s Day parties.

Once you’ve decided on the perfect theme for your party, send theme appropriate invitations to your girls.

You must have snacks. Have lots of snacks. There’s nothing more beautiful than a huge platter of assorted chocolate covered foods and a cheese spread. Nothing brings gals together like snack foods.

Can’t forget about jams. No Galentine’s gathering is complete without music. Apps like Spotify and Pandora have cute playlists already made for you, but you can also create one for you and the girls.

Lastly, give an endearing toast with some champagne (or whatever beverage goes with your theme) telling the ladies in your life how much they mean to you.

So go forth Galentine’s hosts, throw the best party your girls have ever seen!

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation. 
Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.