This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

TARGET HAS A BEAUTY BOX!!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!

IT’S REAL, IT’S HERE, THERE IS A TARGET BEAUTY BOX AND IT EXISTS!!!!

Okay so I guess the Target Beauty Box has been around for years, but as we all know, I’m a grandma who lives under a rock, so this is a very new discovery for me.

Anyways, I was sitting in class on November first, boopin around on the internet, doing my thang, when this email from target popped up. The subject read “November Beauty Box Has Arrived”. I shed a tear.

I honestly don’t know how I haven’t known about this before or notice emails about it or anything, but good lord I’ve been missing out.

Okay so I saw the email, immediately clicked on it, and somehow fell more in love with Target. November’s box came with six beauty products and a coupon ($3 off when you spend $15 on beauty/haircare/skincare)  for only $7! $7 PEOPLE! THAT’S IN THE BUDGET!

I did some very official calculations and this is like at least a $25 value for only $7. You’ve done it again Target.

Logically, I added it to my cart and purchased it right away. It came with free shipping and with tax came to lie $7 thirty something. AFFORDABLE!!!!!!

Guys I don’t think you realize how excited I am about this discovery. I mean, a beauty box from the heavenly inhabitants that is Target, this is probably the best thing that’s ever happened to this country (unsure if this is an international thing, too lazy to research further).

So, what’s in the box?

First I’m gonna show you the box and how it arrived ‘cus it’s just so damn cute and fancy. The products were covered in a soft blanket of white tissue paper in this nice white box, I honestly felt like I was opening up something from Tiffany’s or something.

(I would show you the box but I already opened it and in doing so kinda destroyed the prettiness of it. oops).

Okay back to what’s actually in the box… I will now list all the products in no particular order for your viewing/educating pleasure. (PSA all the products come in cute little sample sizes).

1. Skinfix Ultra Rich Hand Cream- This stuff is frickin amazing. I’m convinced it’s magical. I used it on my hands and my elbows (don’t judge me, my elbows are dry as hell) and it instantly made them softer. I’m constantly using hand sanitizer cus I hate feeling sticky or dirty or anything, so my hands are always dry, and I put used some around 10pm last night and now it’s like 2pm the next day (many hand sanitizings have happened in between these times)  and my hands are still so soft! MAGIC! I will most definately be buying this dude in full size.

2. Dove Dermacare 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner Also fantastic, this shampoo. I love the way it smells. I can’t quite describe it, it just kind of smells clean and fresh. I’ve never used a scalp focused shampoo before, but I’m starting to wonder if I should. I’ve only used it once but I feel like my roots look healthier. (Side note- I know it says two in one shampoo and conditioner, but I still used conditioner cus I felt like my hair still was not as smooth as it could be). This may just be the placebo effect ‘cus the shampoo is supposed to help your scalp or if it actually really makes a difference (will report back after more investigation and more uses).

3. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara The other day, one of my best pals uncovered a new money saving beauty hack… only using small sample sized mascaras. I mean it’s so practical! How often is that stuff drying out? Honestly, have you ever actually finished a tube of mascara, like every last drop, before it dries out? Probably not. SAMPLE SIZES LADIES! Most of the time you can get them for free or for a much lower cost, or in fantastic Target Beauty Boxes, like this one. Okay, back to the actual review of the product. I’m not a huge fan of Maybelline mascaras because I think they clump too easily, but to be fair I haven’t tried one in years. This one still clumped a tad, but definitely less than any other Maybelline mascara I’ve used before. I don’t know if they’ve changed their formula or I’ve just gotten better at applying mascara, who knows. Good, not great, will use.

4. ISSHA Snail Hydro-Gel Mask- Okay, I know what you’re thinking, a snail mask? What in the literal fuck is that? I’ll tell you what the literal fuck it is. Strange but fantastic. So the mask is made from snail slime, which I know sounds super gross, but it makes your skin feel sooooooo soft. I used it last night ‘cus my skin was feeling kind of dry and bleh and post mask I totally feel a difference. Even today, it still feels soft and almost glowing. LOVE.

5. Tom’s of Maine Creamy Coconut Bar Soap- Fun fact, at first, I didn’t actually know that this was soap and I tried to use it as plain old coconut oil to condition my eye lashes (yes, I condition my eyelashes, it makes them soft and longer I think, perhaps) and I tried to put it ya know, condition the lashes, and let me tell you, it did not go great. I then tried using it for its actual intended purpose and it worked much better. My only issue with this soap is the fact that it’s advertised as super coconutty soap but coconut oil is like the second to last ingredient so ??????? I got questions.

6. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Facial Cleanser- This was the only product I was kinda ehhh about. I typically don’t have super sensitive skin but this cleanser made my face just a tiny bit red for a while. A while is sort of an exaggeration, but it took five or ten minutes for it to calm down. Knowing me, I’m probably allergic to something in it or my skin was just being shitty. I want to try it again though, ‘cus I love the idea of a hydrating cleanser.

I hope you enjoyed this sups professional product reviews!! Shop on my Target loving friends!

~Rae

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation. 
Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.