HRC Hero: Marissa Collier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Marissa Collier is a Human Movement and Health Sciences Education major with hopes to go to Physical Therapy for graduate school. We also share a birthday, January 28th, which just furthers the fact that she is one of the coolest people at Butler University.

Her Campus (HC): What made you decide to be a personal trainer?

Marissa Collier (MC): I love to exercise and live a healthy life. Additionally, I am very personable and love to be around people. Sharing my passion for health and fitness with others is fun for me and my personality makes the job a great fit.

HC: What is the most rewarding experience you have had at your job?

MC: Exercise can be vulnerable for some people. Allowing me into their lives builds strong friendships and relationships. The rapport built over time and being able to see their progress is the most rewarding for me.

HC: Were you always super nutrition and exercise conscious?

MC: I have always been an athlete but have not always been super nutrition conscious. I played three sports in high school and volleyball here at Butler, but my passion for nutrition did not emerge until my sophomore year of college. I love how eating healthy makes me feel and I enjoy sharing my knowledge with others. I continue to learn more about food and healthy living everyday!

HC: Where is your favorite place to hang out on campus?  Off campus?

MC: I love to hang out and do homework at Starbucks on campus. You always seem to see someone you know and the space is light. Plus coffee. duh. Off campus I love to visit new coffee shops and restaurants. If the weather is warm, you can find me biking on the Monon.

HC: If you were a Starbucks drink, which would it be?

MC: Latte with coconut milk.

HC: What is one motto you live by?

MC: Your life only gets better when you do. Work on yourself and the rest will follow.

Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.