samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ask Alex!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Alex Kassan is a 19-year-old Pre-med Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies major from Indianapolis, IN. She is one of the most involved and intelligent people I know which is why I think she makes a perfect first feature!

Her Campus (HC): What are you involved in on campus?

Alex Kassan (AK):  I am the Vice President of the Black Student Union. I am on the Education and Advocacy Committee for the Diversity and Inclusion Board in SGA. I am the Education and Reflection co-chair for Alternative Spring Break.  I am a member of the Interfaith Council.  I am also a Diversity Ambassador.

HC: Wow, that’s a lot! What are some things you do to manage your time?

AK:  I always make a to-do list. I have reminders on my phone. I also do Google Calendar.

HC: When you aren’t doing work, what do you do for fun?

AK: I watch Youtube video, I watch The Challenge, I listen to music, cook, and hang out with my friends!

HC: Favorite place to hang out on campus? Off campus?

AK: On campus, I like to hang out in University Club (the brown room). Off campus, I usually go home.

HC: If you were a genre of music which would it be?

AK: A pop ballad.

HC: One thing you want to do before you die?

AK:  Buy my mom a house. Not like I buy a house and my mother lives with me. I want my mother to have her own house.

HC: Secret (or not so secret) pet peeve of yours?

AK: When people are late, low key.

HC:  What is one motto you live by?

AK: Bitches is my sons, and I’m always nine months.

Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.