Top Five Must See Movies of Summer 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Although we all want to think that summer is going to be all sun and fun, we know that there will occasionally be those lazy days where it’s raining, or we need a night out with the girls, or we are too sun burnt to lay out and tan any longer so we are forced to give our bodies a break. Luckily here are some must see movies of 2017 that can fill the lazy day void!

1.    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (May 5, 2017)

Yes I know this comes out not exactly in the summer time (It actually comes out this Friday! Yay!).  But that doesn’t mean that it’s not a must see! If  you love super hero movies that are also hilarious with and amazing soundtrack, you have, I repeat HAVE to go and see this film. But you should probably go see the first one before, because that one is amazing as well. 

2.    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Lies (May 25, 2017) 

Lets be real ladies, we all know that we have been watching these “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies since we were little kids. I mean we are all lying if we say we didn’t have a crush on Orlando Bloom strictly because of these. This new Pirates looks full of action, adventure, and crazy twists and turns. 

3.    Baywatch (May 25, 2017)

Zac Efron, need I say more?

4.    Rough Night (June 16, 2017)

If you’re in need of a laugh, this looks like a go to. Starring Scarlet Johansson, Kate McKinnon and Ilana Glazer from “Broad City”, this may be the next girls next classic right up there with “Bridesmaids” and “Mean Girls”. “Rough Night” looks like a wild ride, and if you haven’t seen the trailer you need to look it up immediately!

5.    The Mummy (June 9, 2017)

If you’re in the mood for a scary movie, “The Mummy” will do just the job for you this summer. Starring Tom Cruise, this action packed horror film includes world destruction , curses from the undead, and intense battle scenes, and I learned all this from just the trailer!

So, if you are looking for your date night or rainy summer plans, look to this list because with these movies you won’t be disappointed! 

I am a sophomore and Communications major here at the University at Buffalo. I was editor of my high school newspaper, was a research intern at the Radler Foundation located in Fort Worth, Texas, and wrote many articles for Todd Hobin's new website. I'm very into music, movies, and media and am very happy to be a part of the Her Campus community!