This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

New semester, new year. Let’s recap the last few months.

TV/Media:

1. Netflix and Chill: Has anyone ever really tried this? Has it ever worked without being so blatantly obvious??
  2. The Kardashian’s and Kanye’s series of unfortunate events as their billions grow and their popularity increases: Although very sad, their lives are open to the public, and boy do I love watching it
  3. Stanger Things: Three words. Where. Is. Eleven.
  4. Orange is The New Black: So badass, yet shines a new light on basic feminism and the simple rights even prisoners deserve 
  5. Fuller House: You either love it or hate it
  6. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life: Even the ending is the same.

Random Jokes Teens Become Obsessed With:

1. Bernie Sanders aka college kids giving a crap about politics for a few months
  2. The Mountains of Donald Trump jokes: Whether it’s about his orange complexion, shit-job of a toupee, or his crude and foolish personality, they’re funny as hell
  3. Dabbing (the legal one): Just don’t do it.
  4. Mannequin challenge: Why. It’s only cool if celebrities do it.
  5. THE bottle flip: Someone tell me how to do this
  6. 2016 meme calendar: This should become a yearly staple
  7. Harambe the Gorilla, Bantu the other Gorilla, Cecil the Lion aka mourning tragically fallen animals no one knew before they were dead

Food:

1. Gluten-free diets: I have a strong passion for bagels, so this one’s a no from me.
  2. Detoxes/Teatoxes: Do you eat at all or just drink tea 24/7??
  3. Poke Bowls: Basically, lazy sushi
  4. Matcha everything (wtf is matcha)
  5. Veggie noodles: Actually, a super yummy and healthy substitute for spaghetti

Aesthetic/Activities:

1. Vaping: STOP.
  2. Lokai bracelets: Is the crap inside these bracelets real or fake. My bet is fake.
  3. Long boarding: Looks super cool and beachy, but I can’t ride one of those to save my life, nor do I understand how students zip around campus on these
  4. Man buns and beards: If you can pull it off, you might as well be deemed an Amazonian birthed from the Gods.
  5. Pokémon Go: Apparently, EVERYONE loves it but me. Pass.

Now let’s ring in the new era of 2017 with a multitude of pointless, hilarious, and sometimes innovative crazes. May this years shared enthusiasms be even better than the last!

Gina Marie is a third year Communication major at University at Buffalo. From Long Island, NY, the Hampton beaches and perfect pizza parlours are where she's most comfortable. While not working on Her Campus articles, Gina spends her days working with the Buffalo Pink Campus Team and works as a stylist for Vanilla Sky Boutique at home. She's looking forward to traveling and life ahead of college, so keep an eye out for blogs on fashion, food, and more! Instagram: ginamarieciappina Twitter: @ginaciappina