nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Ordering drinks at a bar should allow for some experimentation. There are hundreds and hundreds of drink options but so many of us don’t even know they exist. Many of us stick to the normal vodka cran or jack and coke. There is nothing wrong with that but as a bartender I’ve discovered so many more exotic drinks. I stopped ordering 10 vodka sprites once I started drinking these cocktails. Here is a list of some of my favorites…

1. Sex On the Beach-

This drink has many different variations but the one that I make includes vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, orange juice and pineapple juice. I typically hate orange juice but you can ask to have it made with only pineapple and cranberry juice if you want! Other variations substitute pineapple juice for peach schnapps. It can be garnished with an orange wedge and a cherry. Not only does this drink look good, it is super fruity and a few will definitely have you feeling tipsy.

1. Green Tea-

If you don’t like whiskey, trust me you will still like this drink. Same goes for if you don’t like actual green tea. This drink consists of Jameson, sprite, sour mix and peach schnapps. I never liked whiskey but this is actually my favorite drink to make and order. Although it doesn’t really taste like green tea, it goes down very easy and the peach schnapps adds a little sweet kick. It has a slight hint of green color, which may be an explanation for the name!

3.Pomegranate Margaritas-

If you like tequila and feeling like you’re on vacation then this drink is for you. Margaritas on their own are heavenly but add a little pomegranate and you’ll feel like you are on a tropical Island. I suggest ordering a salted rim on the glass instead of sugar! The pomegranate itself is sweet, however if you do want a sweeter taste then a sugar rim is for you. You can get this as a frozen margarita, which is my favorite way of ordering it.

Fourth year Political Science and English Literature Major at UBC. Vancouverite/South Asain/ Canadian. Lover of coffee and Beyonce.
Nancy Acosta

Buffalo '20

Nancy is currently a Junior here at the University at Buffalo and is Campus Correspondent for the UBHC Chapter. She is majoring in Communications with a dual minor in International Trade/Geography and Political Science.