This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

As I’m sure everyone knows this week is CEP week for all SUNY Buffalo State students. In case some of you didn’t know this but CEP stands for Critique and Evaluation Period. This basically means that students are to be to be tested in various degrees in order to demonstrate to their professors their mastery of the material. Since the school has designated an entire a week to testing their students, campus has designated that all resident buildings be in 24 quiet hours. During these quiet hours students were encouraged to study for whatever exam, or paper that has to be taken care of. Any residents who are caught breaking the 24 quiet hour rule will be documented meaning that they will automatically be cited for their transgressing, which in the long run could result in residential probation.

Let’s move aside from all of the rules that college has placed on its students, with all of these final evaluations for our exams coming up so has the levels of stress for its students. So many students have complained about how difficult these final evaluations are, and how high the expectations are for them. Many Buffalo State students have said about how they’ve spent hours and hours confined within the library studying and typing papers for their deadlines. Not only have these same students mentioned having multiple all-nighters as well as drinking different kinds of energy drinks to stay up. As the time passes it almost seems like the stress that we’re all feeling has reached its highest point. So in order to handle all the stress that you or your friends are feeling here is some advice on what can be done in order to keep your study session spirits up.

One of the ways that I’ve found that has helped me to deal with all the stress that comes from finals is by doing a mini dance session for only 1-2 songs. I’ve found doing something physical and getting away from my books or from my laptop has the ability to lessen my stress in an instance. I personally recommend that when doing this to pick a song that you absolutely love to dance to because then instead of feeling like you’re dragging through it you become almost instantly happy for having your song on. Plus, dancing around allows you to stretch and get the blood pumping in your body.

Another way that I’ve found to help people out with dealing with their stress is by creating a list of assignments that needs to be done and organize them by their due dates. I’ve found that it visually helps to keep people motivated in what needs to be done as well as expresses to them what they have accomplished. A friend once told me that they ability to cross out their assignments from their list provides them a sense of satisfaction and pride to know that they have accomplished what they wanted to.

I’ve also heard of individuals creating a schedule on how they were going to spend their time and what they were going to do as being a method in managing their stress. You could create a schedule so that way only for that block of time you could focus on the assignment and once that’s over you could block off another time to have fun or do something else. I’ve found this method to be really great. In particular with individuals who have a very busy schedule in their life.

Any one of these methods could be utilized in order to make your study session the best it could be. Whether it’s any of these methods that I listed above or one of your very own I hope that you’re able to have a very productive and less stress as possible CEP week. Good luck to everyone and may the curve be ever in your favor.

Image Found: http://austinmustangs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/college-student-stu…

I'm currently a student at Buffalo State College. My major is mathematics education 7-12 with a speech minor.