Raymond Pitts ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Name- Raymond Pitts

Class Status- Senior

Graduation Year- 2014

Age- 22

Major- Public Communications

Quote to live by- “Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.” – Jay-Z

If you had any super power what would it be- If I could have any super power it would be the power to know the truth about everything. I would know how to do anything, become anything, know what people think and more. Clearly the best power there is! 

HC Buff State: Who is your biggest inspiration? 

Raymond: My biggest inspiration would definitely be my mother. Her hard work is what drives me to do better everyday.

HC Buff State: What things  have you done or organizations are you a part of on campus and what have you learned from them?

Raymond: I am the former president of the Delta Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. I have participated in numerous community service projects, fundraisers for non-profit organizations, as well as educational and informative programs held both on and off campus. I have also designed and created numerous flyers and other forms of digital media for campus events over my past 4 years here at Buff State. From my experiences I’ve learned that communication is key. Being able to communicate well and cooperate with others will always place you in a position for success.

HC Buff State: Why did you come to buff state?

Raymond: I actually came to Buff State because I just wanted to get away from home and experience new things, and some of my friends really wanted to come here.

HC Buff State: What are some of the best and worst experiences you’ve had while attending buff state?

Raymond: My best experience has been just meeting and interacting with new people. I haven’t really had a worst experience, I try to make the best out of whatever situation I’m in.

HC Buff State: How would you describe your experience here at buff state?

Raymond: Buff State has been a great experience overall, from meeting new people to becoming more involved in campus events, it’s been pretty exciting.

HC Buff State: What do you hope to do when you graduate?

Raymond: When I graduate I hope to continue on to grad school and then move on to a career in graphic design for advertising and marketing.

HC Buff State: What is your biggest motivation to continue on as a student here at buff state?

Raymond: My biggest motivation is my family, present and future. No matter what I’m doing, whether it’s school work here at buff state, or just meeting people and making connections to better my future, my family is my motivation.

HC Buff State: What advice can you give to females who go to buff state?

Raymond: My advice would be to stay focused and enjoy life. There’s a balance that has to be kept. On one hand have fun, live your life, and don’t worry about the little things. On the other hand remember why you came to college, get your education, and start building for your future. Be ambitious, get involved, trust in god, and remember you’re beautiful.

All of us here at Her Campus Buff State would like to wish Raymond the best of luck on all his future endeavors.

Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.