Meet Kelly, President of Fashion Student Association!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Name: Kelly Williams

Graduation Year: May 2016

Major: Public Communications

Hometown: Buffalo, NY

Dream Job: Working in the Fashion or Entertainment field

Favorite Designer: Alexander Wang

Favorite Brand: Zara

If you could go to any Fashion Week in the world, where would you go? Paris or New York

Who is your style icon?  I have a lot! My main ones are Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, Chanel Iman, Audrey Hepburn and fashion bloggers

HC Buff State: When did you become President of the Fashion Student Association?

Kelly: I just became the President for FSA this year so this is my first year.

HC Buff State: How did you get involve with this organization? 

Kelly: I loved what the organization encompassed and I felt it really fit me the best so I decided to join! 

HC Buff State: What’s your favorite part of being involved?

Kelly: I love feeling like I have a say and a helping hand on campus of what events happen. It’s so fun planning for events and being involved.

HC Buff State: Are their any challenges that come with this position? 

Kelly: I think the biggest challenge is time management!

HC Buff State: Who is your biggest inspiration? 

Kelly: Fashion wise, I get my inspiration from everywhere. I love street style and fashion bloggers.

HC Buff State: Where do you see yourself in ten years? 

Kelly: In ten years, I’ll be 31 so hopefully living in NYC or DC with a job in public relations and ultimately living life and being happy.

HC Buff State: How would you describe your experience at Buffalo State? 

Kelly: I’ve had a great four years here. I’ve grown and learned so much about myself. I honestly wouldn’t trade my experience here for anything. 

Alexandra Whitehead is a Senior at SUNY at Buffalo State. Originally from Virginia, she is majoring in Fashion Textile and Techonology with a concentration in Merchandising. She also has a minor in Theatre. Alexandra is a big advocate for the arts, taking great pleasure in literature, performing, and media arts. She also loves traveling and experiencing new things. In the Fall of 2014, she had the great opportunity to study abroad in London at Regents University. It was an amazing experience that taught her so much about herself and the different cultures around her. When she graduates, Alexandra aspires to be a film/television actress, owner of a eco-friendly fashion boutique, and owner of an animal rescue that saves feral cats and kittens from the streets.