Meet Amanda, One of Our Campus Correspondants!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

The Basics

Name:  Amanda Velazquez 

Hometown: New York City 

Year: Senior

Major: Media Production

Zodiac Sign: Aries 

The Favorites – Holiday Edition

Favorite holiday film: hmm, tough one. I kind of love any holiday film/television show that’s in a cartoon version. I mean who doesn’t love cartoons? 

Favorite dessert: cake. Cheesecakes, chocolate and red velvet cake in particular.

Favorite Christmas song: Have Yourself a Very Merry Christmas – Sam Smith 

Favorite thing to do during the holiday season: just being able to relax after a busy semester of school. Also, to spend time with family and friends.

Favorite Christmas memory: getting a gift and having to open so many boxes just to get to the actual gift.

The Interesting Facts

Hobbies: playing sports, videography, editing, shopping, watching tv/Netflix.

Celebrity Crush: Justin Timberlake, of course.

If you could travel to any country and stay for two weeks, where would you go? Canada. Even though I’ve been there already, I would love to stay for a longer amount of time to really be able to explore the country. Two weeks would be perfect!

If you won the lottery, what would you do: buy a house, a bunch of video equipment, and car, household items, buy food, and donate some to different organizations.

What are your aspirations: to be truly happy doing what I love in the field of television and film. 

What is something you love about the holiday season: getting a break from school 

What is the best gift you received for Christmas: a phone and an iPad. 

Alexandra Whitehead is a Senior at SUNY at Buffalo State. Originally from Virginia, she is majoring in Fashion Textile and Techonology with a concentration in Merchandising. She also has a minor in Theatre. Alexandra is a big advocate for the arts, taking great pleasure in literature, performing, and media arts. She also loves traveling and experiencing new things. In the Fall of 2014, she had the great opportunity to study abroad in London at Regents University. It was an amazing experience that taught her so much about herself and the different cultures around her. When she graduates, Alexandra aspires to be a film/television actress, owner of a eco-friendly fashion boutique, and owner of an animal rescue that saves feral cats and kittens from the streets.