Kyle Julien ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Name- Kyle Julien Class Status- Senior Graduation Year- 2014Age- 22Major- Business Administration & MarketingQuote to live by- “You got a dream? You have to protect it….You want something, go get it. Period.” – Chris Gardner  

HC: If you had any super power what would it be?

Kyle: I always wanted to fly. Go wherever, whenever, no questions asked. 

HC: Who is your biggest inspiration?

Kyle: My biggest inspiration is my dad. All the good he taught me , im thankful. As for his flaws and decisions, they are constant motivators for me to be better. 

HC: What things have you done or organizations you are a part of on campus and what you’ve learned from them?

Kyle: I am currently the Vice President of both my fraternity (Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. , Delta Epsilon Chapter and the African America Student Organization). I crossed Alpha in the fall of 2011 and this is my second year on A.A.S.0, Both organizations have helped me work on my public speaking and my people skills. Also being on the executive board with so many personalities, has taught me how to deal with different ideas all coming together and working for a common goal.

HC: Why did you come to buff state?

KyleI’m not going to lie, I  just happened to end up here. Senior year in high school I caught senioritis and never sent out any of my college applications and here I am . But everything happens for a reason.

HC: What are the best and worst experiences while attending buff state?

Kyle: My best experience at Buff State is definitely becoming an Alpha, hands down. My worst experience…all of the difficulties all Buff State students face, such as registration issues, black outs, no hot water on campus, and the horrible wifi that you get kicked off every 5 minutes! But hey , gotta love Buff State. 

HC: How would you describe your experience here at buff state

Kyle: I can say, I lived the ideal college life style these past 4 years. From dorming on campus to living at the “frat house”, I wouldn’t change anything. 

HC: What do you hope to do when you graduate

Kyle: It sounds, bad but I really don’t know. Obviously I want a job in my career choice, but i’m still stuck in the phase of living one day at a time and planning things out for the future.

HC: What is the biggest motivation to continue on as a student here at buff state?

Kyle: Things are going to go wrong, but just learn from it and move on. Take advantage of every opportunity, and stay focused don’t forget the main reason you came up here.

HC: What advice can you give to females who go to buff state?

Kyle: Honestly, just do you . That goes for guys and girls, it’s easier said than done, but people always are going to talk regardless. That being said , enjoy your undergraduate college career. Stay focused and have fun. 

All of us here at Her Campus Buff State would like to take the time to thank Kyle for participating and we wish him all the best of luck on his future endeavors. 

Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.