How To Survive Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

We’ve finally made it to the home stretch, finals week and right after we start winter break!

Almost two months is a long time to be at home some I’m going to give you some tips to keep from getting bored like we often do when we go back home and no longer have the freedom of being away at school.

1. Pick a different museum or art gallery to visit on days of the week. Make it an event with friends, it’s always good to broaden your knowledge and see things you don’t get to see on a daily basis.

2. Try taking fun classes. There are often a lot of free classes provided in areas such as dance classes, art classes, and other things.

3. Go check out some free movies. A lot of places have free showings of movies that’ve released. Plan a day with some family or friends and check them out.

4. Exercise! Working out is always a good way to keep busy. Spend your time getting healthy and getting fit.

5. Work. If you can find a job for break you should work. It’s always good to have money at hand and you will definitely preoccupy your time by having a job.

6. Find new restuarants around your area to check out a few times out of the week.

7. Have dinner or games night at you or ones of your friends places

8. Pick up a new hobby.

Image retrieved from: http://favim.com/image/2221032/

Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.