How To Survive the Rest of the Spring Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

School has been in session for two weeks now and many people are already wishing it was summer break. The stresses of getting assignments complete, preparing for tests, and balancing school and work once more are too much to handle. 

Here are some tips on how to survive the rest of the semester without having a breakdown.

1. Get Enough Sleep 

The amount of sleep you get in a night will determine your mood the next day. If you’re running off little to no sleep, then you will be cranky, tired, and stressed out even more. Make sure you get a good amount of rest each night during the school week. Not only will it put you in a great mood, but it’ll cause your brain to be clear and able to process information better. This is important when working on assignments or studying tests. 

2. Stay on Top of Your Work 

Being prepared and ahead of your school work will definitely help you survive the rest of the semester. Instead of waiting until the last minute, when your stress levels are at a high and you just want to give up on life, do your work in advance – like a couple of days before it’s due. You will feel relieved and won’t be burned out as much. 

3. Relax. Relax. Relax

Relax as much as you can for it will help you get through this semester with ease. So find time to de-stress and clear your mind of all your troubles at the end of the day. Relaxing also boosts your memory and causes you to make better decisions. This is beneficial during class, when you have to pay attention and remember everything you’ve learned. 

4. Take Time For Yourself 

This is the most important tip to follow. Whenver you can, make sure you have a moment to do something that makes you happy. Whether it’s watching your favorite television show or binging on some delicious ice cream and chocolate, set time out of your day to focus on yourself. You will need it, especially when you are so overwhelmed with work and school. 

Alexandra Whitehead is a Senior at SUNY at Buffalo State. Originally from Virginia, she is majoring in Fashion Textile and Techonology with a concentration in Merchandising. She also has a minor in Theatre. Alexandra is a big advocate for the arts, taking great pleasure in literature, performing, and media arts. She also loves traveling and experiencing new things. In the Fall of 2014, she had the great opportunity to study abroad in London at Regents University. It was an amazing experience that taught her so much about herself and the different cultures around her. When she graduates, Alexandra aspires to be a film/television actress, owner of a eco-friendly fashion boutique, and owner of an animal rescue that saves feral cats and kittens from the streets.