How to: Make the Most Out of Your Time At Buffalo State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Buffalo State prides itself on our diversity. Making the most out of our time here on campus isn’t a hard task. The amount of clubs and organizations Buffalo State students provide is staggering. Buffalo State caters to everyone’s hobbies and interests. From sports teams, to step teams, to sororities and fraternities there is something here to fulfill every one’s passion. 

United Students Government (USG)

USG is made up of Buffalo State students. They support many individual clubs on campus and provide several services, such as the USG Dental Clinic. There are several positions on their website which students can apply to.

Greek Life

There are plenty of opportunities for students who are interested in a sororities and fraternities to check out what they’re all about! There is an event called Meet the Greeks. There are also General Interest meetings for any interested students. Major Organizations

There are many clubs regarding majors here on campus. There is the Criminal Justice club, the Chemistry Forensics club and the Biology club – just to name a few. These clubs are important because they build community and networking skills within a students selected field of study.

Mentor Organizations

Compass and the NIA Mentor Program are two mentor organizations for the students here on campus. They mentor a specific set of students who fit their requirements. These mentor programs help student’s transition into college.

Cultural Clubs

There are clubs on campus specific to students who want to learn more about their culture and be around others who share cultural similarities. For instance, Adelante Estudiantes Latino (AEL) is a group formed by Latin American Students to recognize the Hispanic culture. The Caribbean Students Organization (CSO) is another club on campus dedicated to educating the Buffalo State community about Caribbean Culture.

These are just a fraction of the organizations Buffalo State has to offer. For more information and a listing of the other clubs and organizations here on campus visit Bengal Connect or download the Corq from your phones app store!

Amanda Gonzalez is very excited to be a new member of the Her Campus Buff State chapter for the 2015-2016 year. Her major is communication studies with a minor in writing. Amanda has a true love for writing about beauty products and the books she has immersed herself in. You can keep up with her through her blog: amanda-waldorf.blogspot.com or through various social networks such as Twitter & Instagram: @amandawaldorf.