Girl Code: How to tell someone you like them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

An annoymous sender asked us for advice on how to tell someone you like them so we’re going to do our best to give you some tips.

Approach: When telling someone you’re interested in them it’s all about knowing the person you’re going after and the type of approach that would be best for that person. Some people love face to face interactions so sitting down for lunch or something simple and telling them in person would be good for them. Some people aren’t in to face to face interaction so a nice text message, email, faceook inbox, letter or whatever medium you use to contact someone would be a good way of telling them how you feel about them. Then you have people who appreaciate a little extra effort so maybe try doing something cute like giving them a love note, flowers, candy or something they like and attach a note telling them how you feel…flattering someone does tend to win a lot of people over.

Confidence: Probably the most important thing when telling someone how you feel about them is to have confidence when doing it. Confidence is key as they say and if you approach someone with the vibe and approach that you know exactly what you want and you plan to get it you might very well win over that person that you’re interested in. Now be careful with confusing your confidence with being cocky, no one wants someone that is too in to themseleves.

Rejection: We know we all hate rejection and being “friendzoned” but it happens to everyone so you should be aware of the possibility that the person you’re interested in may not like you so be prepared for rejection but don’t let that stop you bcause you don’t know what response you’ll get until you actually approach the person.

So to sum up everything, have a good approach, be confident but be prepared for the possibility of rejection and you’ll be ready to tell this person you like them!

*Image retrived from: http://favim.com/image/1361727/

Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.