This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Admit it, now that the semester is slowly coming to an end, you have already probably begun singing “The Final Countdown”. Finals week, much like midterms week, will be undeniably busy and stressful. But, just know that when all of your exams are finished, the semester officially ends. Here are some ways to mentally, physically, and emotionally prepare you for finals. 

To prepare yourself mentally, you should:

1. Continue studying your notes, textbook, etc.

2. See if you are understanding and retaining the information.

3. Have study groups or have you friends quiz you. 

To prepare yourself emotionally,

1. Try looking into a mirror and say only positive things. I know that when there is an exam to complete, some will freak out, get anxious, or feel like they will not succeed. But keeping your emotions controlled and staying positive will really help. 

To prepare yourself physically,

1. Make sure you are getting enough sleep.

2. Go to the assigned room with the required materials.

3. Eat a good breakfast or snack before entering the room.

And cue the music (“It’s the final countdown”). Once you have completed everything, your winter vacation will officially start and believe me, it will be worth it. You’ll be heading back home to your family, food,  relaxation, to being able to break night without working on papers or assignments, seeing your relatives, or maybe even going on vacation. There is so much to look forward to after finals. But there is still a week until the semester is over. So stay focused, study what you need to, do not overwork yourself, get enough sleep, and try your hardest. 

Good luck to everyone on their finals !

Amanda Velazquez Senior Buffalo State College Campus Correspondent Media Production Major Apparel Construction and Pattermaking Minor Obsessed with Justin Timberlake An athlete on the days my heart decides to act right. Overall, I’m super dope!