Angelice Romero ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Hey Buff State! This week we thought who better for campus celebrity than our very own newly crowned homecoming queen!

Name: Angelice RomeroClass Status- Senior Graduation Year- 2015 Age- 22Major- Journalism Quote to live by- “Don’t dream it, be it.” If you had any super power what would it be? To fly! I love traveling!  

HC Buff State: Who is your biggest inspiration?

Angelice: My father, he is in the Army and he has been the hardest working man I’ve known.

HC Buff State: What are some things you’ve done or organizations you are a part of on campus and what have you learned from them?

Angelice: I’m apart of Zeta Chi Omega (sorority) so we’ve done a lot of community service on campus and around Buffalo. With the help of our students, we raised over $2000 for Making Strides against Breast Cancer last year. I’ve learned that even a little bit of help or just showing up for a walk in support of a great cause can make a difference. It’s all about awareness. 

HC Buff State: Why did you come to buff state?

Angelice: I learned about the communication department, how great it is and I wanted to be apart of that.

HC Buff State: What have been your best and worst experiences while attending buff state?

Angelice: My best experience was becoming homecoming queen my senior year. My worst experience was freshman year there was a rally “against the gays” and it made me so sad and upset that people could be so intolerant.

HC Buff State: How would you describe your experience here at buff state?

Angelice: I love it! Best campus in buffalo, best atmosphere, best students, best professors. It’s been a wonderful experience and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

HC Buff State: What do you hope to do when you graduate?

Angelice: I hope to be accepted to CSUSB for the graduate program for communications and move out to California! 

HC Buff State: What is your biggest motivation to continue on as a student here at buff state?

Angelice: Becoming apart of my organization and wanting to help the community and make a change.

HC Buff State: What advice can you give to females who attend to buff state?

Angelice: Step out of your box! Be yourself but don’t settle for comfort. Life is all about risks.

All of us here at Her Campus Buff State would like to thank Angelice for being apart of HC Buff state and wish her all the best of luck on all her future endeavours!
 Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.