7 Essential Items You’ll Need During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Midterm Week is a stressful time for students; you don’t get that much sleep, most of your time is being spent studying or writing a paper, and coffee and/or energy drinks have taken over your life. Some students can handle the stress of this week and get through it with their insanity still intact. However, there are those who feel like they’re are losing their mind and have a breakdown at least twice before midterms are over. Whichever category you fall into, there are some items that will definitely help you out during your time of need. Here are six essential products from our Back-To-School Survival Kit that will aid you during Midterm Week, and even through the rest of the semester!

1. Rimmel London Mascara, Eyeliner, Lipstick 

Any other week, you probably have time to put on a full face of makeup or do your hair in a nice style. However during midterms, all of that goes out the window. Your main focus is on your schoolwork and everything else takes a backseat – which means you may have to neglect your normal morning routine. However, Rimmel London has you covered with three beauty products – 24 Hour SuperCurler Mascara, Only 1 Lipstick, and Colour Precise Eyeliner. Use these products before you go to class and you won’t need a full face! I’ll take between 5-7 minutes to apply, which means you’ll spend less time in the mirror and more time studying for your exam! 

2. L’eggs Sheer Energy Sheer Panty

No one really has time to put on an actual outfit during midterms. L’eggs Sheer Panty are perfect to throw on under a skirt or dress in the morning on your way to class! It’ll add a look of effort to your outfit when in actuality, you just threw something on that wasn’t in need of a wash. 

3. Freeman Beauty Facial Masks Relaxing is a vital part of this week, mainly because you’ll be stressed out non-stop. Whenever you have time in your schedule that doesn’t involve you studying, writing a paper, or taking an online exam, you should be doing something that doesn’t cause you stress. Freeman Beauty Facial Masks are perfect for this occasion! There are four different ones that will have your face feeling fresh and clean while leaving you in a more relaxed state. The four kinds are Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask (“dual-action purifying mask), Cucumber Peel-Off Mask (“clarifies & renews skin”), Apple Cider Vinegar 4-In-1 Foaming Clay (“mask, scrub, cleanser, & toner for radiant skin”), and an Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask (“deep cleans & purifies pores”). 

4. CamelBak Forge Divide Mug

Having a travel mug will be VERY beneficial during midterms. You won’t have to wait in those extremely long lines at your campus cafe and you’ll be able to get to class on time, or even early! This Divide Mug is perfect because it is well-insulated and spill proof. In the morning, you can brew some coffee (or boil water for tea) and take it on the go. Then once you have free time during the day, go to the cafe for a refill! 

5. WearSafe Tag Late nights in the library are inevitable during this time, which can cause most people to feel weird about walking back alone. If you don’t have anyone to walk back to your dorm with, then you’ll want a WearSafe Tag! It’s a small, easy-to-use device that will connect you to your friends or family if you feel unsafe. It gives off your location and streams live audio to them – in case you’re unable to pick up the phone. It’s important to be safe at all times, especially when you are by yourself. 

6. Juicy Couture Fragrance Sample

Rushing out of your room to class is something we all have gone through. You either slept a little too long due to spending most of the night studying or you woke up early to get some work done and forgot to keep track of your time. Thus, you’re in a rush and may have to skip your morning shower in order to not be late. These Juicy Couture Fragrance samples will be your best friend during these moments – just take a little and dab it on your body. You’ll smell great and won’t have to worry whether you emitting a bad odor in class. 

7. Flying Colors Apparel Koozie Don’t you hate when you bring in a cold bottled drink or can to class and it leaves a wet spot on your desk? Well then, you’ll want this product in your life! This Koozie will prevent your cold drink from leaving behind any spots on your desk as well as keep your hands from getting cold/wet. So when you’re taking your midterm, you won’t have to worry about getting part of it wet from your drink. 

Alexandra Whitehead is a Senior at SUNY at Buffalo State. Originally from Virginia, she is majoring in Fashion Textile and Techonology with a concentration in Merchandising. She also has a minor in Theatre. Alexandra is a big advocate for the arts, taking great pleasure in literature, performing, and media arts. She also loves traveling and experiencing new things. In the Fall of 2014, she had the great opportunity to study abroad in London at Regents University. It was an amazing experience that taught her so much about herself and the different cultures around her. When she graduates, Alexandra aspires to be a film/television actress, owner of a eco-friendly fashion boutique, and owner of an animal rescue that saves feral cats and kittens from the streets.